Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 3322
    Second prize, two Blackstar Fly 3 amps with a twelve month subscription. 
    "It's no wonder the Pacific Ocean is blue."
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • I did this a month or two ago - if you're thinking of getting a subscription or one of the fly 3 amps give it a go. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 32798
    Needs lol and wiz
    "Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • ICBM said:
    Needs lol and wiz

Needs a big yawn more like.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 5620
    Great little sofa amps these. Much better sounding than the Marshall/Orange and Fender ones i’ve had in the past. 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 2117
    ICBM said:
    Needs lol and wiz
    What would you recommend to do the same job as a Fly 3?

They cost only £50, they are teeny-tiny so your significant other would barely notice, and they sound significantly better than any of their battery-powered competition (IMHO of course)?

Orange Crush 3?
    Warning: this post may contain overtly affectionate references to Mary Spender
    Needs a big yawn more like.
    Can't please everybody. (Which is why I did not bother.)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    The ones I’ve heard sound absolutely awful. I don’t know what else there is at the same price, but they sound so bad I wouldn’t play one if it was free.

The Roland Micro Cube and Vox Mini3 are in a totally different league, although admittedly slightly more expensive. There’s also a mini Katana, but I haven’t heard that yet.

But if there isn’t anything else you can afford then an unplugged electric is better...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • longjawlongjaw Frets: 174
    I've got a Fly and the extension cabinet, I can get some perfectly good clean to mild break up tones on it but once you up the gain it's not so good.
  • Needs a big yawn more like.
    Can't please everybody. (Which is why I did not bother.)

Yawn again.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • ICBM said:
    The ones I’ve heard sound absolutely awful. I don’t know what else there is at the same price, but they sound so bad I wouldn’t play one if it was free.

The Roland Micro Cube and Vox Mini3 are in a totally different league, although admittedly slightly more expensive. There’s also a mini Katana, but I haven’t heard that yet.

But if there isn’t anything else you can afford then an unplugged electric is better...

Well you talk complete bollocks so not really bothered what you think to be honest. It suits my requirements just fine. Yawn.
    7reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 384
    ICBM said:

Well you talk complete bollocks so not really bothered what you think to be honest. It suits my requirements just fine. Yawn.
    Funniest thing I have read in years mate
    youve made my day
    hilarious but bonkers

• mgawmgaw Frets: 2472
    @Rigid_Digits seems to be on a rampage
  • RockerRocker Frets: 2743
    I have a FLY BASS and it is  fine little amp which sits beside my keyboard on our computer desk.  Fine for learning bass lines or jamming with music stored on the computer or on the internet....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 2926
    edited October 15
    sev112 said:
    ICBM said:

youve made my day
    hilarious but bonkers

I laughed too, I'm reading these posts in an Aussie accent.
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1390
    ICBM said:

I haven't seen a Vox Mini 3 but the Micro Cube is a lot bigger than the Fly 3.
  • I sometimes include a fly 3 as one of my amps for kids at sessions. 

I give it to the shittest one, as you can't hear it above the others. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • MattPMattP Frets: 58
    ICBM said:

You should ask him his opinion on the micro terror next...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • photekphotek Frets: 943
    edited October 16
    Fly3 is comfortably the best sounding mini amp you can buy in my opinion, no idea how others make them sound awful but hey I guess it must be all in the fingers!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1330
    sev112 said:
    ICBM said:

youve made my day
    hilarious but bonkers

I laughed too, I'm reading these posts in an Aussie accent.
    Me too now - even more hilarious! Clearly pissed cos he's busted his plugger mate.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 2117
    I find the Fly 3 just fine, each to their own I guess.

Threads here recently are degenerating a bit quickly though, everyone please keep calm! :)
    Warning: this post may contain overtly affectionate references to Mary Spender
    To be fair, at least it doesn't sound as bad as an ID Core.

:)
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 1583
    mgaw said:
    Whilst being very tired
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 1583
    I find the Fly 3 just fine, each to their own I guess.

Threads here recently are degenerating a bit quickly though, everyone please keep calm! :)
    I bought my nephew an orange crush to play with his epiphone mini and it makes a passable electric guitar sound, much better than the marshall/fender rubbish versions but its still a toy.  The fly is I believe a significant step up from these but I haven't tried them.
  • andypandyp Frets: 190
    I'm kind of interested in doing this 6 month sub, but it doesn't seem to do anything when I open the link. I see the advert but can't then do anything about it. Do I just go and take out a 6 month sub and it'll add the offer when I checkout?

Andy
    Yawn again.
    Rigid_Digits said:
    I had already deduced that he must be a Blackstar Fly 3 owner.
    mgaw said:
    It must be great to be young and so absolutely certain about everything.

My turn to yawn.
  • Better than the Fly is the new little Laney amps. Get one of the ones with 2 little speakers and theyre awesome.
  • photekphotek Frets: 943
    Better than the Fly is the new little Laney amps. Get one of the ones with 2 little speakers and theyre awesome.
    Keen to try one of those, the demos sound pretty good and the app looks cool.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 269
    andyp said:
    I'm kind of interested in doing this 6 month sub, but it doesn't seem to do anything when I open the link. I see the advert but can't then do anything about it. Do I just go and take out a 6 month sub and it'll add the offer when I checkout?

Andy
    @andyp ;

Yeah it looks that way, just make sure that it mentions the Blackstar Mini like below, when you go to pay.

3. Select your payment planSix Monthly Direct Debit + Blackstar Mini