What 2x12

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 661
    edited October 8
    @ICBM dont suppose you've tried the Neo Creamback? Still interested in trying one as I'm getting far too lazy to cart heavy gear round all the time now people seem to reckon it's somewhere between the C and H Creamback which sounds like a good thing to me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 33960
    TTBZ said:
    @ICBM dont suppose you've tried the Neo Creamback? Still interested in trying one as I'm getting far too lazy to cart heavy gear round all the time now people seem to reckon it's somewhere between the C and H Creamback which sounds like a good thing to me.
    No, I haven't tried it yet either. From what I've heard it's very similar to the G12M-65 rather than the H75, but somewhere in between would also be good.

I think they may have got the Neo thing right now - I didn't like the Century and Century Vintage at all, but the Jensen Tornado was a revelation, and if Celestion have done the same sort of thing with the Neo Creamback it will be a winner.
    "Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • ricorico Frets: 934
    I picked up an Orange 2x12 open back for £250 ish recently. Nice and light and well built. 
  • StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 655
    I have a Neo Creamback in a Hoffnine 1x12 cab - it's tonally excellent, just a bit more compressed than the regular Creambacks
  • dariusdarius Frets: 42
    Bump.
    Any thoughts on instead adding a closed back 1x12 to make a more flexible rig instead of a 2x12?
    Anyone do this?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 33960
    darius said:

Any thoughts on instead adding a closed back 1x12 to make a more flexible rig instead of a 2x12?
    Anyone do this?
    Not any more, but a very long time ago I had a Marshall 1x12" 50W combo and a matching extension cab. It did produce a broader range of sound, and was more flexible in that I could not bother with the cab if I didn't want to, but to be honest I never really liked the combination, it didn't seem as good as a 2x12" combo or cab - the two sounds seemed to sort of fight against each other. I honestly can't remember what speakers were in them though - in that era it could have been any combination of G12-65, G12M-70, G12T-75 or G12-80... some of those go together better than others. I've never tried it since.

In short, it probably should work, but you may need to experiment with speaker types.
    "Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone."
  • dariusdarius Frets: 42
    So after missing out on a couple of ideal cabs on ebay (ebay auction winners really DO like paying the almost-new-prices it seems) I've got a new Zilla on the way. Should be here in time to get straight to work at this weekend's gig. More news on arrival...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter