Upgrading from THR10?

What's Hot
Hey guys,

I currently have a THR10 as i wanted a cheap practice amp i could use in my flat without noise issue

I was considering upgrading it as i wanted something nicer and more serious, though obviously i still have noise limitations

Is there a natural progression from the THR? I wanted a head cab setup so i can change heads in future, and also something with strong residual values for that same reason.

On the other hand I was considering just going the kemper route where I have volume control and a load of quality tones?

Cheers for some thoughts
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I've been banging on about my thr100hd to anyone who will listen.  Check out the video reviews - there enough quality tones to give you options but not so many that you get option paralysis 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I've been banging on about my thr100hd to anyone who will listen.  Check out the video reviews - there enough quality tones to give you options but not so many that you get option paralysis 
    sounds good, ive been happy with the THR10, seems theres a couple going used for the £500 mark not sure if thats a good price or not
  • I think I paid about £400 for the dual head used on EBay and bought the dedicated 2 x 12 cab new for about £350. I can't think of any previous amp I've had that I'd swap it for other than perhaps a Carr Mercury and I've had quite a few amps !

Whereabouts are you ? I'm in Dorset and you are welcome to give mine a try if you are nearby 
  • infernoukinfernouk Frets: 8
    edited October 2018
    I think I paid about £400 for the dual head used on EBay and bought the dedicated 2 x 12 cab new for about £350. I can't think of any previous amp I've had that I'd swap it for other than perhaps a Carr Mercury and I've had quite a few amps !

Whereabouts are you ? I'm in Dorset and you are welcome to give mine a try if you are nearby 
    Im in Islington unfortunately, theres actually one on gumtree near me with the cab and switch for £500ish, trying to get them down to £400 and ill consider grabbing it and giving it a go
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    The Roland Blues Cube is another option. I have a THR10C, loved the tones / response etc and wanted something that could deliver similar things live with a band. The Blues Cube does that but I should add that My preference is for Fender amp sounds. 
  • Cool, try and get the HD model if you can as its 2 amps in one head. The cab has 2 different model speakers so you can drive 2 speakers with 1 flavour amp or put one amp model to one speaker and another to the other one and blend them. 
  • Cool, try and get the HD model if you can as its 2 amps in one head. The cab has 2 different model speakers so you can drive 2 speakers with 1 flavour amp or put one amp model to one speaker and another to the other one and blend them. 
    Yeah its an HD model, mint condition with footswitch and the cab so just want to see if i can get it at a price where i wont loose money if i dont get on with it

I should add to the topic in general, i play mainly heavy music like metal and punk, though im also still taking lessons and learning so play some clean for practice