Using A Thumbpick for Fingerstyle and Single Note Playing

For the last few months I have been using and promoting the Sharkstooth range of thumbpicks.  I have pupils who use them. You can use as a thumbpick - they are not too long unlike others so fingerstyle is possible and then you can use as a standard pick to play single notes. Very versatile. I use them on acoustics and jazz guitars I always found most other thumbpicks either gripped to hard - were too loose or were to long. Sharkskin to me, are a great solution to this problem
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I've always used my bare thumb, I don't have much fingernail and I mostly use the side edge facing the guitar.  I tried a full set of fingerpicks once years ago and found them to be very awkward, especially the thumb pick, I use rest strokes a lot, especially with my thumb and the thumb pick made those almost impossible.  It depends what kind of music and guitar I think, most of my fingerstyle is on nylon string, but steel strings would be more suited to them probably.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Where's the best place to get them from? I have tried may thumbpicks over the years but can never get to grips with any at all.  I just don't get how people use them so well? Doyle Dykes ones are impossible, long thin plec end, I just don't understand how he plays that amazing music with one!