SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

For Sale: Ibanez JS100 - upgraded to JS1000 specs (almost) - £430 - Now £399

What's Hot
champ222champ222 Frets: 34
edited October 2018 in Guitars £
Ibanez JS100 - lots of upgrades

Short version:

2009 JS100 with the following upgrades:

Ibanez Edge Pro Trem
Dimarzio PAF Pro in the Neck
Dimarzion Fred in the Bridge
Gotoh Tuners
Schaller Strap locks

Excellent condition, Frets are great please see photos.

Long version:

The JS100s of this era come with an Ibanez Edge 3 trem which isnt the best and due to being made to a cost, it doesnt take long before it wont stay in tune. They have ibanez made pickups and cheaper machine heads. The hardware is chrome.

The Cosmo Black Edge Pro trem is from the Japanese made prestige guitars and is on par performance wise with the edge and the low pro edge. This is a great upgrade to the JS100 as the Edge 3 is the main limitation of the guitar. The Shims have been added to the Trem saddles to match the trem radius to the neck (the JS necks arent as flat as most other ibanez necks).

The Pickups have been upgraded to Dimarzio PAF Pro in the neck (actually its an S1, which is what is fitted to the JS1000 - its a PAF Pro, but with silver pole pieces instead of black) and a Fred in the Bridge. These are Classic Joe Satriani Pickups.

The machine heads (tuners) have been upgraded to Cosmo Black Gotoh items, which is standard fit on the Ibanez Prestige guitars.

The locking nut, this was originally Chrome. Ibanez never made a Cosmo black JS nut that is rear mounted they were only available in black (ive never found one for sale anywhere) and Chrome. They are different from the regular Ibanez locking nuts because of the radius of the JS necks, and i think they are slightly narrower (42mm rather than the usual 43mm). I had this one powder coated black. After a while, i found that the string did cut into the powder a bit, and it started causing some pinging when tuning with the tuners (so only when fitting new strings really) i filed down the paint on top of the nut, but you cant tell with the locking pads in place.

---- Weirdly, JS1000 guitars had Cosmo black hardware, but the nuts were regular plain black until they went top mount... i have no idea why.

---- NOTE, the studs and anchors from the original Edge 3 are still fitted. This works fine. They are non locking (they are on the Edge Pro models too incidentally) so the last stage would be to replace these with the locking studs and anchors from the Edge and Low Pro Edge instruments. i never got around to doing this as the original anchors need to be removed and the holes need to be drilled out. You'd need a pillar drill (or a guitar tech/carpenter) to do this really, as you wouldnt want to drill the holes wonky!

there is one mark on the body, that ive tried to show in the photos, you cant feel it, but it is visible.

Other than that, its fairly mint. stays in tune fairly well (much better than it did) but the previously mentions stud upgrade would get you the rest of the way.

It plays great, and sounds awesome. i think the intonation could do with a tweak i put it off until i got the intonation tool (which you dont actually need) but i never got around to getting it... typical.

Only selling as ive finally finished the JS1000 project ive been working on, and i dont really need two of them.

I'm very fond of this guitar... i wont give it away. i'll wait for the right buyer, or strip it for parts.

Any questions please ask. I'd much rather collection, or i can meet you, possibly deliver etc.  i'm not completely against shipping it. Contact me and we can sort something out. 

UK Only please

Thanks

1reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments