SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD *Super-Rare* Gibson Les Paul – ‘13 Pickup’ Salesman Demo Guitar!!

What's Hot
fernandojordiofernandojordio Frets: 19
edited October 2018 in Guitars £

Hi guys!

Ok, standby for the rarest and most unique guitar you’re going to see for sale this week….

This Gibson Les Paul was built in 2000 for the purpose of Gibson sales reps in the USA used to demo their pickup range when selling in to retailers. It comes with 13 different pickups to plug and play!

This was a non-production model and never available to the public.. It has a natural finish with minimal lacquer wear and it plays very well indeed.

The pick-up routings are cut right through the body to enable the insertion of any 2 of the 13 various Gibson pick ups, mounted on mahogany blocks, from the rear of the instrument. The pickups comprise of 6 pairs of top models – P90, P100, de luxe, 57, 57+ Tommy Iommi and 1 Super Hot pick up. It also sounds great acoustically when you play it without any pickups installed.

A small hole is drilled in the bottom cutaway to assist with the insertion of an electrical contact rail. The pick-ups can be clicked into position from the rear with no need to tamper with the strings.

This particular unit was originally purchased by the famous guitar collector/dealer Dirk Witte (Amsterdam), who bought it whilst on a visit to the Nashville factory and imported it back to Europe. Given that I read recently that there were only about a dozen of these units ever made, I wouldn't be surprised if it was only one of a few in Europe at all.

It comes with it’s sales receipt from 2002 (sale price of 5000 Euros without a case), and also written confirmation from Gibson that it is 100% authentic. It also comes with a period correct Gibson case (tan with pink lining) which I am adding to the sale, which is in pretty much mint condition

I would consider trades for multiple guitars against it, with cash either way if required. I'm Leicester based but collection could also be arranged from Nottingham if required.

If you ever wanted a single guitar that could achieve all of your favourite Gibson tones, or a rock-solid investment for the future, then this rare opportunity is it.

Thanks for reading

4reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments