• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    At least she's not under a blanket this time
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9661
    Oh no she doesn't
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72294
    She does when she wants to. This is art, not intended to be conventional music.

It seems to be the done thing to only think she does this sort of thing, but in fact she's made a lot of more normal music too. Check out albums like Approximately Infinite Universe, Season Of Glass and Yes, I'm A Witch Too if you don't believe me.

She was also really quite good at Glastonbury a few years back... at the age of something like 81.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 660
    That was bloody awful. Still better than anything McCartney's knocked out in the last 30 years though.  ;)
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12303
    Like it or not she’s doing her thing without any interest in commercial success, she’s more than aware of her detractors, of which there are many, she may even secretly like the fact that this gets up their noses. 
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    She does when she wants to. This is art, not intended to be conventional music.

It seems to be the done thing to only think she does this sort of thing, but in fact she's made a lot of more normal music too. Check out albums like Approximately Infinite Universe, Season Of Glass and Yes, I'm A Witch Too if you don't believe me.

She was also really quite good at Glastonbury a few years back... at the age of something like 81.
    I was crew on Park for her Glasto appearance, it was quite an experience close up!
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • OP: Oh, does she?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2608
    edited October 2018 tFB Trader

Apparently Chuck wasn't too impressed with her as she randomly warbles over some classics. If you watch carefully there are some points where it seems they turned her mic off... Especially during Johnny B Goode.

• RabsRabs Frets: 2608
    tFB Trader
    If you want something more normal, try this...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I quite liked it tbh(genuinely)
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8792
    Reminiscent of a donkey in labour.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11590
    tFB Trader
    Bill Burr's take on that clip was brilliant

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    Bill Burr's take on that clip was brilliant

Yeah, cos Bill Burr saying that Lennon should have slapped her in the head is brilliant. Really?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    That was the biggest pile of crap I've ever heard, her screaming and the sax playing.
    proggy said:
    That was the biggest pile of crap I've ever heard, her screaming and the sax playing.
    No, the Bill Burr rant was a bigger pile of crap.

• KitsuneKitsune Frets: 292
    She's rich, famous, highly successful and does what she likes. It winding people up is just a bonus.

Fair play to her, I say.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31556
    ICBM said:
    If you want something more normal, try this...

Normal, but still shit. 

It's always Emperor's New Clothes from her, she just a pompous buffoon who married well. 

I like abstract art and avant garde music, but they both still require skills she's never had. 
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    I've always found her admirable and amusing for reasons very similar to those who find her a pain in the arse. :-)

Currently waiting on the Amazon man delivering this -
     https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0500021848/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 660
    Regardless of her musical talents she is a very intelligent woman. Lennon once made a quote that due to bad deals The Beatles made by 1969 he was down to his last 50K. 
    11 years later when he died he was worth 250 million. A large amount of that was as a result of business deals and investments she made.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom