SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - 1996 Gibson ES-175, Nashville built, original Gibson hard case - reduced to £1850

What's Hot
DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
edited November 2018 in Guitars £
Reluctant sale, this (aren't they all?). I've got a 1955 twin P90 ES-175 on it's way, so I think this beauty can go. It's a lovely guitar. I had no intentions of selling this, but it would daft (although not unheard of) to have two, albeit different eras and pickup configurations. See, I'm trying to talk myself out of it. There's a small dent, which I've tried to photograph, in the binding between the first and second fret, but that's about it. I like to think that it was a very small, very angry baby vampire that wasn't too keen on jazz. 

In reality, it was probably just knocked against something. Anyway, it's great - come and have a look, although I don't mind travelling. The case, of course, has the fluffy pink lining and shroud that the style gurus at Gibson decided to inflict on the world. I must be honest, I like it, although I do like to keep in touch with my feminine side. Ask away or PM me - I've got a few more pics if you're interested. As I'm funding the '50's ES-175, I'm not really looking for trades, but I have been known to have my head turned before. :-)

Call me Dave.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    I'll have to give this a bump. Poor thing, it's being ignored.  :/
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Still ignored. Mind you, I've been married for 30 years, so I know how the poor bugger feels. Plenty of eBay watchers, and a couple of 'what's your cheapest price for cash?' which hasn't inspired me that much. Tell you what, let's have a discount! 
    Call me Dave.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump. I've had to start talking to it because it feels unloved. I'm trying to resist the temptation to play it, as that's when they get withdrawn from sale (as I'm sure we all know) but I have to sell it as I have found another older model - a 1955 version, and I can't have both. Can I? 30-odd (probably very odd) watchers on the 'Bay, and one request to lug it round the Manchester Guitar Show in case the chap turned up and wanted to try it with no obligation (request politely refused) - but it's still here. 

If anyone's interested in having a look, I can cart it down to the show on Sunday. With no obligation. :-)
    Call me Dave.
    Bump. Loads of people 'watching it' on the 'Bay, no doubt waiting until the last half an hour to offer me 8p and a banana for it, so if anyone is interested in acquiring the greatest guitar in the history of the universe *, get in touch. 

* Wild hype there, to be fair. But it IS nice. 
    Call me Dave.
  • richhrichh Frets: 450
    Lovely guitar, and I was in contact with Dave about another guitar recently and he was really helpful (though somebody else bought that one).  Good luck with the sale - I'm tempted but just have too much other guitar equipment to get any more. At least that's what the wife says!
    Very kind of you to comment, Rich. :-)   I absolutely wouldn't be selling it if it wasn't for the 1955 ES-175 that's landed, and in all probability still wouldn't sell (P90's vs HB's) if I was rich (no pun intended!) enough not to have to! 
    Call me Dave.
    A little weekend tickle. Come on folks, there's a free cup of coffee waiting for the lucky buyer, unless I travel to you, in which case I'll stop at Costa first. 
    Call me Dave.
    Have a bump. Surely the perfect early Christmas present for the bearded, flat-capped jazzman - or woman - in your life. 
    Call me Dave.
    Now residing in it's new home in Nantwich. That was the nicest modern ES-175 that I've played. 
    Call me Dave.