Unusual Combination - Video - Satriani - Grace Potter Live Neil Young song...

DulcetJonesDulcetJones Frets: 515
This caught me off guard, Joe Satriani, Grace Potter and a cast of seasoned players(including trumpet) doing a live rendition of Neil Youngs "Cortez the Killer".   If you're not familiar with Grace Potter check out her song "Stars", she's a bit of an american staple in the roots/alternative scene in North America.  I enjoyed this video more way more than I thought I would.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26553
    That's one of my favourite live performances ever - I think I posted it a year or two back on MR. Sure, there are plenty of naysayers based on comparison with the original, but I think it stands on its own quite well. 

Also...she's got a hell of a pair of lungs on her.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24170
    Damn I enjoyed that!!
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2025
    No. No. No.

Trumpet, shredding, in tune.

Bah! 
  • Excellent, top stuff there. Liked it a lot.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 356

That's one of my favourite live performances ever - I think I posted it a year or two back on MR. Sure, there are plenty of naysayers based on comparison with the original, but I think it stands on its own quite well. 

Also...she's got a hell of a pair of lungs on her.U
    You did.  I picked it up from there and posted it earlier this year.  The response I was met with was: