Box 40 Reissue Boss OD-1

builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 222
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F323489615360
Hmmm! wonder how much this will go for? does anyone have one of these? and how do they compare to the original? my old one still gets a lot of use amazing drive.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 2923
    I like them, just cuts too much low end though. Best application I found was on the middle or neck position of a semi hollow.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 2414
    I have the set and did consider selling on the OD-1 as I don't use it much at all (I got the set to obtain an SP-1). That said, I've found it to be the best example of an OD-1 that I've tried (I've had a few but not the original 14 pin version which I presume this is voiced to resemble). It has a lot more bottom end than other original examples I've had and generally sounds meatier all round.
  • JezWynd said:
    I have the set and did consider selling on the OD-1 as I don't use it much at all (I got the set to obtain an SP-1). That said, I've found it to be the best example of an OD-1 that I've tried (I've had a few but not the original 14 pin version which I presume this is voiced to resemble). It has a lot more bottom end than other original examples I've had and generally sounds meatier all round.
    Well if you ever want to move it on I'm sure I'd be interested  ;)
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 4828

It's a reissue of the 14-pin opamp version, which came in a super-expensive box with a Phaser and Spectrum. Looks like they're still available new for £550-ish, the seller has probably lost out financially by splitting them.

I have the 8-pin opamp version, and I swapped a capacitor value to mitigate the bass loss many years ago.

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 2414

It's a reissue of the 14-pin opamp version, which came in a super-expensive box with a Phaser and Spectrum. Looks like they're still available new for £550-ish, the seller has probably lost out financially by splitting them.

I have the 8-pin opamp version, and I swapped a capacitor value to mitigate the bass loss many years ago.

I thought it must be, it's notably different to the later versions I've had in the past. My set isn't really a 'set' anymore - the SP-1 proved to be faulty and I returned it to Boss. It took them two attempts to get me one that worked properly and the SP-1 I ended up with has a different serial number to the OD1 and PH-1 which probably rules out any collector interest. I'll probably keep them anyway, the SP-1 is really useful for bass and the PH-1 is one of my favourite phasers.