Blackstar for fender??

What's Hot
I have been wanting to move on my blackstar ht60 for a while now. A guy has asked me if I want to trade for a fender hot rod deluxe. I'm interesting in owning the fender for a bit as it is something that I have never had!! My question is, do the blackstar and fender have a similar second hand value? I'm asking this so that when I come to sell the fender, I'm not losing out etc.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• On a side note, why can't I do paragraphs on my iPad??
  • I would rather have the blackstar, but that's because I really like the dark, thick voicing on the heavy crunch sounds. With an eq pedal (which is a must, just give it an upper mid boost in the loop) it's a great amp.

But if you don't like the blackstar sound, and it is distinctive, then you'd be better off sticking really.
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2014
    edited April 2014
    Click the little icon like a page with two red <> before you begin to type and all will be magically formatted.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    From a quick scan of ebay, it looks like the Blackstar might be worth slightly more than the Fender. But I'd bet the Fender will be easier to sell, they being hugely popular amps.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ElectroDanElectroDan Frets: 554

Just had a quick scan through completed listings on Ebay. It seems the HT60 goes for about £375. The Hot Rod I was surprised to see had been selling for less, £260 in one instance, but around £300 mark. The newer Series iii models sell for more.

Might be worth you asking for some cash your way.

If you bought the Blackstar for the gainier sounds, i'd try a Hot Rod before you swap. The clean, just breaking up and OD sounds are great on the Hot Rod, but it's not really noted for it's distortion sounds.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    I'd say they aren't far off on value if it's a fairly tidy MkIII, but a shabby MkI or MkII is probably worth a bit less. 

They are very different amps. I'm a big fan of the HRD, you will need a decent pedal for big drive sounds, but I think it's a better sounding amp.
  • I want the blackstar to go!! Have been pitching it at £375 but not even a nibble! It's just not getting used!!

Fancy something different and like you say the Fender will be easier to sell! It's either a mk1 or 2. Any ideas on identifying??
  • vizviz Frets: 10647
    edited April 2014
    Sorry for the thread hijack; I'm just trying @choffola suggestion for formatting. Oh as an aside, I'm visiting the Blackstar HQ tomorrow.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    Didn't work.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • I'm on Android and can't even see the logo he mentions lol!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Do you know which Model/Mk Hot Rod it is and the colour and condition?

Your Blackstar is currently listed for £350, if you swapped it for the HRD you could easily shift the HRD for £350.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • It's a black one and that's about all I know!! Any ideas on how to tell the mk??
  • The likelihood is that it's a MKII.  The MKII has a chrome control panel, whilst the MKIII has a black control panel.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    It does work.

I'm on my ipad.

See?
    Click the icon.

Type

Voila!

No It Doesn't.
    Not on my iphone anyway. I have to type < br > (without the spaces) to get a line break. If i click on your red <> icon it disables the keypad. As soon as I click in the text box, the keypad reappears but the <> icon switches off again. :(
    edited April 2014
    Hmmm... Weird.  Must be an iPhone glitch then

Edit: face palm self for stating the obvious. 

Perhaps @TTony can help.

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
    I think, though could be wrong, weren't the mark 2 ones made in Mexico, mark 1 in usa (mine is this one i think) then mark 3 has the above mentioned clearer to read black control panel
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • Sounds like it's a mark 1 then!! Made in the USA!! Good deal??