An easy way to retrieve specific banking transactions?

What's Hot
cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
I'm currently having a bit of a dispute with my Golf Club (how very middle class!) regarding outstanding fees.  I'm sure they've got it wrong and they do have a bit of history when it comes to dodgy admin.  Is there any way I can get an extract form my bank showing all payments to the golf club account?  I'm with TSB (eeeek) and have been paperless for years / have no statements prior to doing so.

Has anyone ever done something similar?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 27587
    It might sound a bit old-school, but I'd suggest going into the local branch and asking them nicely.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    A local what?

I know, that's what it'll probably come to.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I use the Halifax and via the online banking I can search back through 7 years of statements. I'd be surprised if you can't get the same info from the TSB.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4902
    I had to do a similar thing for my mum a few weeks ago, to find a set of pension payments from abroad for the taxman - she had only kept the last 12 months' worth of statements. 

Once I got her set up for online banking (she's with HSBC) I was able to go back through 6 years of statements.  Sadly there was no search facility to filter them.

• GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    Sporky said:
    It might sound a bit old-school, but I'd suggest going into the local branch and asking them nicely.
    or even easier, phone the bank...
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27587
    Gagaryn said:
    Sporky said:
    or even easier, phone the bank...
    Possibly - I've generally found in-branch staff more helpful than the call centres.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • How did you make the payments? 

If it was Standing Order or Direct Debit I’m sure branch staff will be able to print you off a history of those showing all payments made since they were set up. 

Debit card payments will probably be more trouble. It’s likely that they’ll just offer to print you off bank statements for the specified time period that you are disputing - there’ll likely be a charge for this and probably a waiting period for them to be delivered. 

Im only going off my experience of working for another one of the high street banks but it’ll probably be a similar story for you!
    How very rock and roll
  • ElwoodElwood Frets: 452
    TSB have a search function in internet banking - you can also print out statements (in the format they paste them) to .pdf files.

Best way to do it is to print to .pdf the page that has the monthly payment. You can also redact a .pdf to hide other payments or sensitive information. 

• Matt_McGMatt_McG Frets: 321
    TSB do have a search function in their internet banking, but, iirc, you can only go back 3 months if you are doing queries. You should have access to all of your statements online, though. Which is easy to check.

You can also click on the particular Standing Order or Direct debit recipient and see when you last paid them.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11262
    I can download csv files of transaction from my bank and then just tidy them up and filter them in Excel.
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    Thanks all for the above....

I'd tried most of the suggestions and was running into brick walls.  It seems so simple to be able to download the .csv and filter but there seems to be no way of doing it .  It even tells me there are no records available far enough back despite me being online banking ready at that point.  I'm beginning to think that the TSB web gremlins are still hanging around.

I really need 8 years worth of payments to their account, could have been by SO or card. Guess I'll need to go and be really nice to the peeps at the branch or manually go back through all the statements