ELO at NIA tonight. Amazing.

What's Hot
GassageGassage Frets: 30876
edited October 2018 in Off Topic
I have just returned.

It was one of the best and tightest shows I have ever seen.

Just wall to wall musicality- every one a hit.

Wild West Hero segue into Sweet Talking Woman was just jaw dropping.

And Roll Over Beethoven...amazing.

Dominic Hepburn- (drummer) is a fucking machine.

Incredible show- do not miss.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    We saw them on the last tour a few years ago. They were exceptional. 
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3059
    Did he bring on any guests? 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    edited October 2018
    I take it that the bassist is still Lee Pomeroy - the give away is that he play a a left hander? After that tour, he'll be back playing in a local pub band round my way. He does a very good version of Hocus Pocus by Focus.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30876
    exocet said:
    I take it that the bassist is still Lee Pomeroy - the give away is that he play a a left hander? After that tour, he'll be back playing in a local pub band round my way. He does a very good version of Hocus Pocus by Focus.
    Indeed it was.

Did he bring on any guests? 
    No. He did do Handle With Care though, which was amazing.

• SRichSRich Frets: 762
    edited October 2018
    Nice to hear...........we’re off to see ELO tonight.......REALLY looking forward to it. Lynne is a veritable music machine.....and I recall the Idle Race times too.

All killer / no filler tonight!

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16079
    Old but Gold..........when pop-rock was at it's zenith.
    I always think they would have been even more special if the original concept had endured and ROY WOOD and Lynne hadn't gone separate ways ( would have been a mega partnership )
     After the genius of The Move / early Wizard etc Roy got a bit sidelined although he did some great solo stuff.He was still touring some kind of Wizard line up in third rate venues (maybe still is) but I bet nobody looks forward to Xmas royalties as much as he does.......( okay,Noddy Holder too )
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    I'd love to see them. They were my first ever favourite band and Out of the Blue was the first album I ever bought. As a band they have so many classic songs
    @exocet Apparently Lee and the band were in The Little Guit shop y'day.

edited October 2018
    As Gassage said:
    @exocet Apparently Lee and the band were in The Little Guit shop y'day.
    He's a nice guy, seen him play a few times with the "pub" band The Tar Babies  http://www.tarbabies.co.uk
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
    I saw them last night at the O2. Jeff Lynne was great and still doing it well at 70 and that 'Take That' backing band are a class act and a great fit.

The sound was clear and spot on. The string section was awesome, as were the backing vocals.

Those songs are wonderful but you forget how beautiful something like 'Wild West Hero' is? Nice to hear The Traveling Wilbury's 'Handle with Care', too.

I know Lee Pomeroy (bassist) from my circle of South London musicians and I used to work with his brother. He's done really well for himself, worked hard and is deserving of his position, as I'm sure all of the band are, but he's had stints with It Bites, Rick Wakeman, Lewis Taylor and................Cruise Ship Lovie, Jane McDonald.

@exocet - Are The Tar Babies still playing around Kent and Sussex? I need to catch them at some point.

Recommended
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6385
    I too was at the O2 last night - awesome !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Me too.  Great gig.... and the sound was really good.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Kebabkid said:
    I saw them last night at the O2. Jeff Lynne was great and still doing it well at 70 and that 'Take That' backing band are a class act and a great fit.

The sound was clear and spot on. The string section was awesome, as were the backing vocals.

Those songs are wonderful but you forget how beautiful something like 'Wild West Hero' is? Nice to hear The Traveling Wilbury's 'Handle with Care', too.

I know Lee Pomeroy (bassist) from my circle of South London musicians and I used to work with his brother. He's done really well for himself, worked hard and is deserving of his position, as I'm sure all of the band are, but he's had stints with It Bites, Rick Wakeman, Lewis Taylor and................Cruise Ship Lovie, Jane McDonald.

@exocet - Are The Tar Babies still playing around Kent and Sussex? I need to catch them at some point.

Recommended
    @Kebabkid - yes, The Tar Babies are still playing in Kent & Sussex regularly (at least monthly if not fortnightly) - all gigs on their Facebook site. I love that band - Joolz Dunkley (guitarist / frontman) is a real musical free spirit. Lee pops up on bass a few times a year. Do you also know Dan Reid? He was also in the South London Muso scene and knows Lee. He lives across the road from me.