Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Gibson Les Paul "The Paul" SL - good condition, £450

What's Hot
ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
edited November 2018 in Guitars £
Ok. So a few weeks ago I broke my right wrist whilst teaching my five year old son to skateboard and playing guitar looks to be all but ruled out. For a long while. 

1998 Gibson Les Paul “The Paul” SL

Taken in px on my Tele, this is a rather lovely 1998 Gibson Les Paul “The Paul” SL.

Only made between 96 and 98 this is a full mahogany slimmer-than-a-standard body with a belly carve. Rounded 50s neck, 498T and 490R and carved top.

If you believe the hype these are becoming collectible. If you are a realist you get a very clean Les Paul that has the rip of an SG thanks to the shallower body and 498/490.

Has had an upgraded switch.

Comes with the original (slightly tatty) Gibson gig bag, so collection only (Leicester or meet for fuel money)

£450 or sensible offers please folks!

Fret King Esprit III £225 sold

Fret Esprit in candy red
Great condition
3 x P90 with strat style switching
Volume, tone and vario-tone
Long tail vibrato

Comes with superb Fret King gig bag

Price dropped to a ridiculously cheap £225 - collection only at this price!

1998 Gibson Les Paul “The Paul” SL

Taken in px on my Tele, this is a rather lovely 1998 Gibson Les Paul “The Paul” SL.

Only made between 96 and 98 this is a full mahogany slimmer-than-a-standard body with a belly carve. Rounded 50s neck, 498T and 490R and carved top.

If you believe the hype these are becoming collectible. If you are a realist you get a very clean Les Paul that has the rip of an SG thanks to the shallower body and 498/490.

Comes with the original (slightly tatty) Gibson gig bag, so collection only

£600 or sensible offers please folks!

1975 Fender Telecaster

Seymour Duncan in bridge - original in the case
Very well worn, and would benefit from a set up. 
Stunning guitar to play and the upgraded bridge pickup gives it real bite.

£1600 SOLD

All are collection from Hinckley. May be able to arrange to meet you for fuel.

Sorry, but no trades (unless you have a Harley or an SP1 that you want to trade for a couple of guitars!)

Gibson Les Paul 1954 Reissue - sold

Think from memory this a 2003/2004. Has the Brazilian board. I've changed the speed knobs and taken off the pick guard, but they are included. All of the case candy is included and so is the certifcate. Very chunky neck. Good condition for the age.

£2750

2017 Gibson Les Paul 1958 Reissue VOS Iced Tea - Sold 

In superb condition. One from the Peach sale, with a gorgeous top and some great aging to the hardware. Custom buckers and all case candy. No marks that I can see. Been played five or six times before I bailed out of the skateboard. 

£2000
0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8188
    Sorry to hear about your accident. Beautiful trio of guitars - hope you get a good price for them.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    Hattigol said:
    Sorry to hear about your accident. Beautiful trio of guitars - hope you get a good price for them.
    Thanks mate. It’s a pisser, but it is what it is
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2189
    Wow, I know what you're feeling.  I broke my left wrist pretty bad while ice skating with my nipper in March this year. 

The manipulation didn't work so I had to have a steel plate screwed in there, and the surgery was much worse than the actual break. I couldn't play a note until July, but since then, recovery has been pretty good.  I'm now back to about 80% and expect to be 100% by the 1st anniversary of the accident.  

You may feel pretty despondent now, but the human body is surprisingly resilient, it might be fine if you get the right physio going.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Fishboy7 said:
    Wow, I know what you're feeling.  I broke my left wrist pretty bad while ice skating with my nipper in March this year. 

The manipulation didn't work so I had to have a steel plate screwed in there, and the surgery was much worse than the actual break. I couldn't play a note until July, but since then, recovery has been pretty good.  I'm now back to about 80% and expect to be 100% by the 1st anniversary of the accident.  

You may feel pretty despondent now, but the human body is surprisingly resilient, it might be fine if you get the right physio going.  

Thanks mate. I’m keeping three nice
    Les Paul’s and my Fret King back ;)
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    my daughter nags me constantly to take her ice skating.

saying no just got a lot easier.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3003
    Gutted to hear this, your enthusiasm for the guitars is infectious, I hope you can find a way back to playing 
    I’m the other way round in that old shoulder & back injuries have effectively ruled out riding bikes for me. Regrettably I don’t have a collection of bikes to match your guitars to sell off otherwise we could talk trades !

Best of luck !
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3059
    All 3 of these are right up my street. Beautiful.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• I love all 3 Nik, can't afford any but wanted to stop by and wish you all the best with the wrist and the sales mate. 

My son is a bassist/drummer/guitarist and a crazy in line skater so goes through similar stuff pretty regularly too. He found these things pretty useful when he was recovering from stuff - could keep one in his pocket and exercise during the day.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0006GC5D8/ref=s9_acsd_zwish_hd_bw_bV1Wqt_cr_x__w?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-4&pf_rd_r=DDD6JQBYWA2TDY84WFV4&pf_rd_r=DDD6JQBYWA2TDY84WFV4&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=93560645-5b03-5029-9981-dc0797fa9586&pf_rd_p=93560645-5b03-5029-9981-dc0797fa9586&pf_rd_i=458431031
  • Awww mate! I'm going through a long rehab myself following the dual tendon sever in July, wishing you all the best in your recovery.

Also, you're an arsehole for posting that birth year tele again and making me dream!

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    I could win a Grammy with those guitars!

I also hope your recovery is successful.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    Thanks for all the comments guys. Very much appreciated. And cheers for that link - will get one. Once I have my right wrist out of plaster we can look at options. I’m all good - just being practical. As I say, at least I can still ride my bikes!!
  • skaguitarskaguitar Frets: 965
    I wish I had a Harley to trade for my old R4... best Les Paul I ever owned..
    GLWTS
    • “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
  • PlukkyPlukky Frets: 282
    ellwood said:
    Thanks for all the comments guys. Very much appreciated. And cheers for that link - will get one. Once I have my right wrist out of plaster we can look at options. I’m all good - just being practical. As I say, at least I can still ride my bikes!!
    Good luck for your recovery and bear in mind that playing the guitar *may* be an excellent physio exercise in itself.
  • You up for a px and cash for the r4 nik
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 658
    Is the Tele a heavy one?
    Davemate said:
    You up for a px and cash for the r4 nik
    If the pc is sensible (will have to sell it on) then quite possibly