SORTED Which switch for my amp's footswitch?

abw1989abw1989 Frets: 635
edited October 2018 in Making & Modding
I've got a Hughes and Kettner FS-2 footswitch which changes the channels on my TM36. One of the switches has failed and being of a fixing nature (read very tight) I'd rather replace the switch, less than £5, than get a new footswitch ~£30. Here is the footswitch:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hughes-Kettner-FS-2-Footswitch/dp/B00ESF0E7M

It's a stereo output and I think I need a latching switch with three 'lugs' on it but I have no idea about SPST, DPDT etc

Any advice welcomed, thanks.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72311
    It should be an SPST latching switch, but in practice any latching switch will do because any more complex switch can be used for that.

Check inside and see if it's PCB-mounted, if it is that will dictate what you need.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• abw1989abw1989 Frets: 635
    @ICBM Here are the switches on the left of the image, seeing as the switch failed on one, I took on the challenge of rehousing them into a more pedalboard-friendly size.

I found these, but it has six lugs instead of three, will this make a difference?

https://www.bitsbox.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=116_128&products_id=889
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72311
    No, just use one side of it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein