Derek & The Dominos Live – Where has this been all my life?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• rlwrlw Frets: 4671
    How the fuck can anyone say they didn’t like Cream era Clapton?  The man at his creative peak and playing like the icon he became.  
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    rlw said:
    How the fuck can anyone say they didn’t like Cream era Clapton?  The man at his creative peak and playing like the icon he became.  
    Three great musicians in search of a song, mostly.

There are a few good ones, but having owned all the original albums and the Best Of (Strange Brew) I now only own the Best Of. Even some of the 'good' songs aren't actually that good, if you take away their iconic status. Sunshine Of Your Love - really? Great riff and, er... ... SWLABR... WTF?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• rlw said:
    From what I’ve read, I don’t think Clapton particularly liked Cream either!
  • ICBM said:
    rlw said:
    Three great musicians in search of a song, mostly.

There are a few good ones, but having owned all the original albums and the Best Of (Strange Brew) I now only own the Best Of. Even some of the 'good' songs aren't actually that good, if you take away their iconic status. Sunshine Of Your Love - really? Great riff and, er... ... SWLABR... WTF?
    more about live jamming, no?
    mburekenge said:

That bores me stiff too!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

• ICBM said:
    mburekenge said:

That bores me stiff too!
    says the fan of 209 minute Neil Young feedback solos!

hahah

*me too, he's the man!*
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    blowin said:
    Sadly not on Spotify nor available to buy anywhere for less than fifty quid!
    There's one on eBay for £5.58 ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4671
    Sometimes I wonder about my fellow FBers......................................
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    Interestingly I just picked up an early Yardbirds compilation today - lots of stuff I hadn’t heard before. First impressions are that he was very good right from the start.

I much prefer his playing on it to most of Cream, in fact - it might have been better if he hadn’t taken the huff at ‘For Your Love’ not being pure enough blues for him. Which is a bit rich coming from someone who went on to write ‘Anyone For Tennis’ anyway...

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited November 2018
    Fretwired said:
    blowin said:
    Sadly not on Spotify nor available to buy anywhere for less than fifty quid!
    There's one on eBay for £5.58 ...

That’s doesn’t look like the 3 disc box set we were discussing, possibly just the remastered single disc album, but a vague description and one stock picture makes me doubt it. 
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1591
    ICBM said:
    Interestingly I just picked up an early Yardbirds compilation today - lots of stuff I hadn’t heard before. First impressions are that he was very good right from the start.

I much prefer his playing on it to most of Cream, in fact - it might have been better if he hadn’t taken the huff at ‘For Your Love’ not being pure enough blues for him. Which is a bit rich coming from someone who went on to write ‘Anyone For Tennis’ anyway...
    @ICBM have you a link to this album?
    shaunm said:

@ICBM have you a link to this album?
    I got the CD in a charity shop, but it's this one - 
    https://www.discogs.com/de/Eric-Clapton-Yardbirds-Eric-Clapton-And-The-Yardbirds/release/2018412

Looks like a typical unofficial compilation by some minor record label.