SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT 1974 Fender Precision - Olympic White

BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
edited October 2018 in Basses £
1974 Fender Precision - Olympic White

£2000 

All original

Weight: 8 1/2 lbs

Case: Original case (but rather battered now!)

This bass was sold by Andy Baxter some time ago and eventually made it's way to me via bass chat. Here is the AB listing on his website sold items: http://www.andybaxterbass.com/details.php?id=559 - there are plenty of "guts" photos on here for provenance, and Andy confirmed it was a 74 and was the same bass when I contacted him.

It's a really good example of an early/mid 70's Precision in the desirable Olympic White (which has gone a really nice custard colour)

There is a lot of roadwear - notably at the bottom and on the back, and the scratch plate has cracked by the jack socket but is glued and stable. The knobs are original and have de-chromed quite a bit on the top. Electronically it is in fine condition, and sounds exactly how you expect an early/mid 70's P to sound with a lot of upper-bass and low-mid thump. It's a bit hotter output compared to my 64. It has flats on it at the moment. Fret condition is good - plenty left in them and it's set up for a low/medium action (around 2mm E down to 1.5mm G) Neck adjusts properly so truss rod is fine. 

Ideally, I'd like a trade for a 4 string fretless. As it's a vintage and the case is not so good these days, I would also prefer a meet up - especially for a trade. I'm happy to travel a good distance as I'm out and about with work a lot - NE/NW/Mids/East/London - pretty much anywhere as long as it's not the SW or Scotland as they are a bit too far! Sorry, but no sales outside of the UK - I don't want to post this overseas

.G43gPWkjpg

GjV1cu4jpg

hpIkAXXjpg

9UJUeKQjpg

LY5pwGWjpg

Q7LHLhqjpg

3TJo33Sjpg

fTN4Hzrjpg

SRuVmWWjpg

ldQOvbtjpg

Fvie9CNjpg

p39vdUnjpg

dVfXFDyjpg

6HJvt4njpg

3cWQCcDjpg

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited October 2018
    That's an original punk rock bass right there 
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Freebird said:
    Yep - same colour, spec and age as a Dee Dee Ramone bass.. he owned loads all the same apparently - wouldn't surprise me if he'd owned this one for a bit too as there aren't that many Oly White pre-78's about
    edited October 2018
    Freebird said:
    Yep - same colour, spec and age as a Dee Dee Ramone bass.. he owned loads all the same apparently - wouldn't surprise me if he'd owned this one for a bit too as there aren't that many Oly White pre-78's about
    It's a thing of beauty  3  but unfortunately I have to continue slumming it with my American Standard, otherwise I would have snapped up this piece of musical history!
    Freebird said:
    Freebird said:
    It's a thing of beauty  3  unfortunately I have to continue slumming it with my American Standard, otherwise I would have snapped up this piece of history!
    I'd keep it if I didn't have the 64 as well. It's light for a 70's, it's got bags of spank and thump due to that maple neck and it's a fab thick sounding bass. Case is a bit knackered but it is all original!
    Paul Simonon had one too, before he had a little accident..

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2a/36/d7/2a36d791a0fe23b4f6040ffd8d02d743.jpg
    Freebird said:
    Paul Simonon had one too, before he had a little accident..

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2a/36/d7/2a36d791a0fe23b4f6040ffd8d02d743.jpg
    This one's survived a little better than that one! (just ;) )
    Price drop to £2100
    £2000 now!