Maxon Fuzz Elements

What's Hot
DdiggerDdigger Frets: 2360
Maxon fuzz elements - any of the seven pedals.

Anyone own one, played one, sold one etc...  I have only seen the videos.

They seem to be coming down in price, but there is already a huge number of fuzz pedals in general.

Thoughts, theories, rants, raves welcome...

Cheers,

DDig
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DdiggerDdigger Frets: 2360
    I am beginning to think these pedals don't exist...

OK, they seem to have gone to a lot of trouble re-creating other peoples fuzzes, but they have added a lot more 'usability'.

DDig

• DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
    I had the Wind for a while (beg pardon).  Essentially, it's a MKII Tonebender with a few tweaks.  The core tone was really good, but it was a bit lacking in overall output level, and I found myself hankering for more tone-shaping capability.  I've got a Magnetic Effects Solar Bender now, which sounds great and addresses both of those issues.
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    DarnWeight, thanks for the reply.  Glad to hear you are over you wind problems.

The 'Wind' was one of the two pedals I was interested in, but I did wonder about tweakability.  Did it clean up when you rolled down the guitar volume?

In general, I find fuzz to be pretty frustrating.  A pedal that works with one amp or guitar can be no use if you change something.  I've just got a new amp, so am searching again.

I think I'll just keep an eye on prices and buy one if a good deal turns up.

Ddig
  • DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
    Ddigger said:
    DarnWeight, thanks for the reply.  Glad to hear you are over you wind problems.

The 'Wind' was one of the two pedals I was interested in, but I did wonder about tweakability.  Did it clean up when you rolled down the guitar volume?

No worries.  It's been a while, but as I recall the clean-up was OK, but not brilliant...definitely no fuzzface, but you could get a usable cleaner tone, albeit with a slightly spitty/nasty edge to it.
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    Ddigger said:
    In general, I find fuzz to be pretty frustrating.  A pedal that works with one amp or guitar can be no use if you change something.  I've just got a new amp, so am searching again.
    Have you considered something like the Source Audio Kingmaker fuzz? I know it's digital but a lot of people seem to like it a lot and it looks to be very versatile. I was looking at getting one when I was fuzz obsessed, they sound really great in the demos.
    TTBZ, Thanks for the recommendation, hadn't looked at that before and it is a sensible price.

DDig