Does your cat try to eat your guitars?

What's Hot
I've had a dog piss on one of my old guitars (my playing must have been great).

Now that I've got a small room with my guitars in, every now and then I'll hear a "twang". I'll go into the room and find the cat trying to pull a string off with her teeth.. 

She's already pulled one string off, I stopped her from chewing the end of the tremolo arm on a strat yesterday. 

Just wondered if anyone else has a little weirdo of a cat. I think she likes to try and chew things to gauge them...including a brand new clothes horse, models of deloreans and cat toys. 
I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7022
    tFB Trader
    Mine is too busy sleeping

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5368
    Not any more. He's dead now.

Before that, however, one of ours used to casually chew on the horn of my Les Paul (Studio, fortunately).
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7776

Cats do love an open guitar case - when I had a couple of cats here I used to reckon that even if no cats were in sight, a case only had to be left open for a few seconds before one or the other would be sitting in it.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The tip of my Jaguar Staytrem arm has been chewed by one of my cats.
  • One of my cats loves to try and eat the strings when I'm changing them. One day, she'll have her eye out!
  • She's probably been watching Youtube Lessons on "pull offs". Just need to practice a bit more!!

My cat loves bits of string, shoe laces, and laptops / mobile phones.
  • ewalewal Frets: 2582
    My cats totally love playing with loose guitar strings, however they are less interested once they are attached to a guitar. I think they realise that they need opposable thumbs to be able to fret properly.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    My cat chews JM trem tips, even while I'm playing, grabs strings while restringing, sleeps in cases if they are open, sleeps on top of amps when they are warm, sleeps on amps when they are not warm, uses amps as a stepping stone to high shelves which are otherwise tricky to jump onto, rubs gums on guitar pedal corners etc. etc.

• All the cats I've lived with have liked sleeping in a guitar case.

Gibson used to like playing with strings while I was trying to string up, so I persuaded him to leave the room as I didn't want his eye poked with a string end, neither did I want a new string kinked.

If Roobi catches me sitting down with a guitar across my lap she will headbutt it out of the way and then sit on me.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 6989
    This was not what I was expecting when I was told “Lead guitarists get all the pussy”.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • They say lion dung keeps cats away. Don't expect anybody living in the house would tolerate it either though.
  • MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1244
    With mine it was the grill cloth on my speaker cab.  That made an awesome scratching post for her, and it never really suffered any damage.

Commercial opportunity there, I reckon.
    Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
  • No, but it does like my Tuna Pedal.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.