SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD PRS McCarty £1195

What's Hot
19791979 Frets: 87
edited October 2018 in Guitars £

Fantastic example with original McCarty treble/bass pickups and coil split. It has the regular Pattern shape neck, with zero fret wear.  Comes with all the documentation and genuine hard case. There is one small chip approximately 1mm as pictured, which is on the upper edge but barely noticeable.. The neck is just a little too wide for me. I could be interested in a Gibson or Gibson scale length guitar but I’m ideally looking for a sale. Unfortunately I’m unwilling to post but a possible meetup isn’t out of the question.

https://imgur.com/gallery/XKiKsgI

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• uncledickuncledick Frets: 406
    Wouldn't this be a Wide/Fat neck?  Do you have a pic of the hang tag - or just tell us what it says?
  • 19791979 Frets: 87
    Here’s  a picture of the hang tag @uncledick hope this helps

https://imgur.com/gallery/c8C3U9z
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1286
    edited October 2018
    uncledick said:
    Wouldn't this be a Wide/Fat neck?  Do you have a pic of the hang tag - or just tell us what it says?
    Was wondering myself so...
    From prs website:
    "Perfected after years of prototyping, the new "Pattern" neck is an updated Wide Fat PRS neck style based on Paul’s pre-factory design. These necks were found on the instruments built for Carlos Santana, Peter Frampton and Howard Leese from the late 70’s to the mid 80’s."

Nice mccarty, shame I don't need another one. Do I? ;)

Thanks for that @KrisGee , nice gesture. You’re obviously a man who likes a McCarty....

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    This is one of the Headline limited run McCartys from 2011 - they weren’t a standard model at the time. They have the V12 finish - which earlier ones didn’t.

I used to own one from the same run - really great guitars - and a ridiculously good guitar at that price!
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    <swoon> GLWS !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    @richardhomer  thank you for your input sir, it is indeed a lovely instrument but I like to play ‘thumb over’ and it’s just a bit too much of a stretch on the thumb. I had a CE24 that had the pattern thin neck which I found easier to manage.
    Thanks again for the info Richard 
    Thanks @Jalapeno ;
  • This is one of the Headline limited run McCartys from 2011
    what makes you think that Richard?

Looks like a McCartyburst to me rather than Smokeburst, which was Nitro finished and had early 57/08's, My Avatar shows the smokeburst finish....foolishly I sold it :(

Its a beautiful guitar either way.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    This is one of the Headline limited run McCartys from 2011
    what makes you think that Richard?

Looks like a McCartyburst to me rather than Smokeburst, which was Nitro finished and had early 57/08's, My Avatar shows the smokeburst finish....foolishly I sold it :(

Its a beautiful guitar either way.
    The hang tag shows it was made in 2011 and has McCarty pick-ups. The Smokebursts were earlier IIRC - and as you say, had 57/08s.
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    It's not a Smokeburst, as stated above.  It's a regular, plain old McCarty.

Pattern replaced Wide Fat prior to this guitar being made.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Thank you for the info @Twinfan  I’ll amend the description. 
  • uncledickuncledick Frets: 406
    You live and learn.  I thought all the later ones had 57/08s.  I have a 2009 Smokeburst Nitro and it is indeed a superb axe.  GLWS
    No problem  :)  @richardhomer was spot on.

Great guitars the McCarty, I mean no disrespect calling it a "plain old" model - the platform is fabulous and it spawned the Modern Eagle, DGT, Signature and 408 models!
  • Twinfan said:

I don't see anything to indicate its a special run from Headline  - didn't they normally have this indicated on the rear of the headstock....

Twinfan said:

I don't see anything to indicate its a special run from Headline  - didn't they normally have this indicated on the rear of the headstock....
    Headline (the then UK distributor) commissioned a UK only run of ‘original spec’ McCartys in 2011 - with McCarty pick-ups, rather than 57/08s that were used on most later McCartys. They didn’t have anything on the back of the headstock, other than a normal serial number. Mark @guitars4you you hopefully confirm what I’ve said - and that this is one of them.
    ^ yep, what Richard said.  They weren't limited edition models or anything like that, just a requested run of McCartys which had at that time been discontinued.  They were regular production guitars with V12 finishes built as part of the usual production schedule.
    Thanks to you guys for clearing up exactly what the guitar is, that’s why this forum is so valuable 
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8701
    This is my favourite PRS, so let’s have pictures in the thread. 

Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    @Roland , what a kind act. Thank you very much sir