Tom Morello has released a guitar based EDM album

What's Hot
BluebeardBluebeard Frets: 228
edited October 2018 in Music
Its called "The Atlas Underground" and it came out last week.

Every track features an artist collaboration and he has quite an eclectic mix of people on here from rappers to produces to one of the Mumfords and Sons. Tom said he wanted to branch out and bring guitar music to a new generation. For me the album is a bit of a mixed bag because it does jump from genre to genre and EDM/Hip hop isn't really my thing but I thought it could be interesting to other guitarists on here looking to mix things up a bit.

Here is a rap track about police killing black people in America with Big Boi from Outkast and Killer Mike from Run the Jewels

You can find the rest of the album on spotify etc. or on youtube
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4286

I do like Tom Morello. I also love dance music so will have to give this a listen.

I wish the term EDM never existed though. It's like America suddenly became aware of dance music, that the rest of world has been enjoying for years, and they felt the need to rename it.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I like Tom Morello, I like hip-hop, and I like dance music so notionally this is right up my street. For some reason I'm nervous it will be terrible, though! I'll give it a listen later. Thanks for sharing!
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2569
    tFB Trader
    links broken. will look it up to have a listen
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7731
    Seems a bit late for this. Blakrok (Rappers & Black Keys) was a better way of going about it IMO