Ibanez Firebird on Reverb

What's Hot
DannyPDannyP Frets: 1676
I get a lot of reverb.com banner ads and I often play a game with myself where I guess the asking price then click to see how far off I was.

For this, my guess was £700 and I was miles off!

Ibanez Firebird 1976 Arctic White https://reverb.com/item/7280546-ibanez-firebird-1976-arctic-white?utm_source=android-app&utm_medium=share

Is that really what they fetch?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16638
    edited October 2018
    The ibanez name probably helps.

I had a CSL version which will have been made at a similar time at the same factory.  It had lost all original parts and had been messed with a lot

I think your guess was generous
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1676
    It's a very cool thing. But 2 grand!
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8028
    edited October 2018
    Of late, I’ve seen a number of late ‘70’s/early ‘80’s Ibanez guitars (Firebird copies, Destroyers, etc) with insane asking prices - some almost £2.5K. I really don’t know what shift in the market (or perception of the market) has pushed them into that region. It seems completely bizarre.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• Of late, I’ve seen a number of late ‘70’s/early ‘80’s Ibanez guitars (Firebird copies, Destroyers, etc) with insane asking prices - some almost £2.5K. I really don’t know what shift in the market (or perception of the market) has pushed them into that region. It seems completely bizarre.
    If you want to spend 2k I have a destroyer for sale :-D
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • £515 for shipping? Will that include import duties etc?
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24797
    That’s mental....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom