SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Strymon El Capistan

What's Hot
ShreddyKruegerShreddyKrueger Frets: 29
edited October 2018 in FX £
Light home use only - practically brand new.
No dents, scratches, or velcro.
Power supply not included.

£229 + £5 postage

Find me on Reverb under House Of Shred.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ShreddyKruegerShreddyKrueger Frets: 29
    edited October 2018
    Feel free to PM for photos.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2018
    Potentially sold.
    Still available.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    edited October 2018
    @Elwood ;;

P.s read forum rules on sales. Particularly bumping period. Takes 2 minutes and saves getting your post removed by mods :) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • El Cap still up for sale.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2018
    SOLD
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4679

Was looking for one of these, is this the same one for sale on ebay?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F183495161165
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Was looking for one of these, is this the same one for sale on ebay?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F183495161165
    Yep - same one.
  • open to offers?
  • Usually, yes, but the Strymon's tend to hold their price, and I think that it's already fairly priced as it is (at £219). 15 watchers between eBay and Reverb.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hi...£219?....your listing shows £229 plus £5 postage which equals £234....Bax shop only £244 new with free delivery and full warranty to the original purchaser.....and it comes with the included power supply.....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2018
    Now SOLD.
    The listing you quoted was the eBay price. The same listing on Reverb was set at the stated £219 (minus postage). This is due to eBay fees being significantly higher.
    Bax is currently the cheapest in the UK. It's a great price. Most retail at around £290. I see that Bax have 2 El Caps left in stock, so if you want one I would advise going with Bax before they sell out. The used price on the Strymons in the UK, in 'as new condition', is usually around the £260 mark.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • preston61preston61 Frets: 690
    edited October 2018
    Now SOLD.
    The listing you quoted was the eBay price. The same listing on Reverb was set at the stated £219 (minus postage). This is due to eBay fees being significantly higher.
    Bax is currently the cheapest in the UK. It's a great price. Most retail at around £290. I see that Bax have 2 El Caps left in stock, so if you want one I would advise going with Bax before they sell out. The used price on the Strymons in the UK, in 'as new condition', is usually around the £260 mark.

Well done on selling it fella, seeing as most of the big retailers in the UK have them listed at £265 (GAK, GuitarGuitar, PMT to name a few) it sounds like you got a good price on it, and did well to make so much back.

The statement about "as new condition" Strymons usually selling at £260, is rather fanciful though :-)

edited October 2018
    preston61 said:
    Now SOLD.

Well done on selling it fella, seeing as most of the big retailers in the UK have them listed at £265 (GAK, GuitarGuitar, PMT to name a few) it sounds like you got a good price on it, and did well to make so much back.

The statement about "as new condition" Strymons usually selling at £260, is rather fanciful though :-)

Thanks!
    Granted, you do see them come up for around the £235-£245 mark from time to time, but take a look on Reverb - as of posting there is only one El Cap in the UK, used, B stock at £275 (mine had been used four or five times, in a studio environment only). And one in the EU for £248, used, 'very good'. Although you're right -- brand new they have come down in price significantly lately (these past couple of weeks or so, it would seem). Andertons have them at £268 which is still a great price.
    Regardless, mine sold for £224 inc postage, so this thread is pretty much done.
    Thanks for all of the messages and PMs.

• Now SOLD.

The price I quoted was your price on this listing.....scroll to the top and have a look.....irrelevant now though as you’ve sold.....
  • Now SOLD.

The price I quoted was your price on this listing.....scroll to the top and have a look.....irrelevant now though as you’ve sold.....
    Yep - I dropped the price for Reverb 6 days ago.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4679
    Now SOLD.

Yep - I dropped the price for Reverb 6 days ago.
    Just reverb, were the Fretboard fees too high to drop here also? ;) 

Might be worth when listing advising that it is on ebay also, or like many people do here leave on the forum for a few days / weeks then give a heads up that it's going on.  Selling 3 places just leads to confusion, especially if you use the forum for no reason other than as a seller.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2018
    Ha -- I liked that one.
    Anyone who had PM'd me about the El Cap would have been aware of the slight price drop (for serious buyers).
    As for selling in other places - that's really my prerogative.
    The pedal sold. At the listed price. Let's move on B)