SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Fender Custom Shop Strat Deluxe, 2012, Daphne Blue, pristine, COA, candy, OHSC - £1999, now £1800

DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
edited November 2018 in Guitars £
I suppose the opposite of 'relic' is 'pristine', and this beautiful Custom Shop Strat Deluxe with flame maple neck certainly is. On my receipt (from a private seller, a really nice chap) it says that the pickups are handwound Abby Ybarra pickups. I haven't had the pickups out to verify this, as I'm a danger to myself with anything other (and probably including) a crayon. If you have a craving for Daphne Blue, as I have, this won't disappoint. In my opinion, it's beautiful - the wrinkling that you can see on the pickguard is actually the protective film which hasn't been taken off! When I say it's pristine - it really is, so if you like your Strats relic'd, you might not like this one! I haven't got the floor traveller sheet but have asked for one, which the lovely Coda Music has said they'll send on when they get it.

It plays beautifully, it has the original CS case, the candy, the certificate, the tool kit - it's an exceptional piece of work in my opinion. So - why am I selling it? One - the neck is a bit chunky for me, which is odd considering that I play '50's Gibsons. For some reason, it doesn't quite suit me. Two - I'm more of an archtop sort of chap, and have committed to buy another one. I can't really afford to have guitars standing there as beautiful trophies, much as I'd like to keep this one. I've loaded a few pics, but am happy to send more if it's of genuine interest. Cheers

Call me Dave.
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    edited November 2018
    Bump-a-rama. I don't mind travelling to deliver, and will even contemplate dressing up in a costume of your choice. This week's default costume is a badly packed sausage, although the diet starts tomorrow. 
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom