SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD, - and a 'thank you'! Gibson Les Paul R9 50th Anniversary Gold Book edition - £4399

What's Hot
DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
edited October 2018 in Guitars £
It's a collectors piece, really, so I'm not sure that it will appeal to the good denizens of TFB, but it's not appearing on eBay (gawd help us!) for another few weeks, so I thought I'd pop it on here first. What I know about Les Pauls, you could tattoo on the buttocks of a fairly small and undernourished gerbil, but here goes. As the title says, it's an R9 Gold Book edition - there were 250 made in Heritage Cherry Burst and 250 made in Dark Burst, I believe. The all-important bit for the collector, of course, is the Gold Book - which this has. It's obviously in pristine condition, and for me (as more of an archtop bloke) it plays excellently. I'm selling because I have an R6, and prefer P90s (that's just my taste) and also have said yes to a couple of other guitars, so as you may have noticed, some have to go.

Because it hasn't appeared on the 'Bay yet, I might be open to trades (I like hollow stuff, mainly, Gibsons new and being my favourite - but will listen to anything similar), with at least a couple of thousand coming my way. I can't really find any for less than the price I'm asking for, and there's a few speculative asks of between £5000-£7000, which seems a bit, erm, 'optimistic'. I don't know, but I imagine that the recent R9 sales have put paid to prices like that for now, but I can't see anyone losing out at the price that I'm asking. Hopefully I've got it right, but if I knew that, then I'd be a dealer, not a punter that likes guitars and loses money every bloody time! 

I've posted a few pics, and have more, which I'll happily supply to anyone with a genuine interest. Feel free to PM me if you want any more info, to make an offer, trade, whatever. I can only say 'no'. Or 'yes'. Or 'don't know', etc...  

Call me Dave.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8590
    edited October 2018
    Is this the guitar that you’ve already put up for sale in a different thread?
    http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/141805/feeler-les-paul-r9-50th-anniversary-2009-with-gold-book-around-5250
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    Sorry yes, same guitar, but that was a 'feeler' - after a bit of advice from a couple of FB members, I reckon I was aiming too high, given the current market. If mods want to delete the 'feeler' (if possible) that would be much appreciated. 
    Call me Dave.
    edited October 2018
    I want record a 'thank you' to Mark aka @guitars4you - I just thought I'd recount a little story of kindness without reward. Late last week I put my R9 50th Anniversary Gold Book edition up for sale on the basis that I wasn't playing it, and I'd prefer to spend the money on something else that I WOULD play. I'd had a discussion with Mark about selling it for me, and there would have been a decent profit in it for him.

However, at the Manchester Guitar Show, he put me in touch with someone that he thought might like to buy it (after discussing it with them), with no gain at all for himself. I went over to see the buyer yesterday, who bought it there and then. Without this introduction, it was possible that it might have been a little while before it sold, as I know nothing about the Les Paul market.

So, a big thanks to Mark for that - it's massively appreciated. 

Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I sold my R9 to Mark also. Wish I hadn't now tbh.. lol :# but a great guy to deal with. Very fair and absolutely true to his word.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14028
    tFB Trader
    Glad it worked out Dave - good news for you and Ben
  • Well done Mark! Top fretboarding! 

...I dont suppose you know anyone that wants a shit load of bike parts? ;) 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    As it happened, knowing his eclectic tastes in guitars, I took over the ES-300, the blonde ES-330 and the '38 ES-150 for his delectation! I thought it was a fair swap for a go on the the Gold Top. He really is a nice chap, and seems to now fancy a single P90 jazzer! But thanks again - it won't be forgotten. 
    Call me Dave.