Hats and Guitar ??

What's Hot

Comments

• Lol @prowla .
    Wow the edge looks good bald. Depends on the woman but I've heard that many prefer a confident bald man! But I think they also mean "bald, confident and muscular" :lol: 

I too believe there is mojo in hats with guitars.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Bowler. 

Or a leather WW1 flying helmet
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
    edited October 2018
    Iamnobody said:
    I’m a baldy but don’t particularly like hats. I’ve yet to find a style that looks reasonably acceptable on me...

Yes. I have tried a beany a la Edge but prefer to be hatless. Our bassplayer is very bald and has hats and/or a bandana which I'd never do. Previous singer bought himself a special onstage hat; I thought it made him look worse...and he still behaved like a d**k.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    I’ve always enjoyed The Safety Dance - proving that fun pop music can adequately be made by Men Without Hats.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    I’ve been through a couple of trilby type hats, gigging in them will shorten their life span ( especially when enthusiastic women in the crowd borrow them). I guess partly it’s part of the shtick of the bands I’ve been in and partly it’s to do with dressing up to go on stage - to be the character of Eric the rock star rather than Eric the bloke with an office job. 

https://i.imgur.com/zL1nZMO.jpg
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • I wear a hat, and I have a full head of golden locks. 

Either a flat cap, Yorkshire style, or a Fedora. 

I am of course, a beacon of style and sophisticated cool. You may follow my example if you wish. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I didn’t wear a hat for fridays gig and it felt weird.    
    Nothing to do with my hair - it’s just part of my gig routine - either a fedora, flat cap, cowboy hat or bandana depending on the band I’m playing with.  
  • NikcNikc Frets: 627
    So i'm torn between a pork pie hat, trilby or a bowler :-/
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Nikc said:
    So i'm torn between a pork pie hat, trilby or a bowler :-/
    Rather than the pork pie why not go for some sort of fruit based pie?

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4914
    Trilby, like @EricTheWeary is wearing, but back-to-front.

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Nitefly said:
    Trilby, like @EricTheWeary is wearing, but back-to-front.

The comment on imgur says it’s a fedora rather than a trilby, quick google suggests they are similar except a fedora has a wider brim. 
    That one was a light summer trilby/ fedora which works well live because it’s not too sweaty whilst keeping bright lights out of your eyes ( next step being sunglasses indoors and I haven’t gone down that rabbit hole as yet). 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9663
    Carmen Miranda type headgear is the way to go.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • PerdixPerdix Frets: 136
    edited October 2018
    Anything but that thing Billy Gibbons wears. Looks like he's been to the old Play Doh barber's shop 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28139
    Sleeping cap.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31577
    If I was prone to wearing hats generally I might wear one on stage, but nothing says "sad amateur guitarist" like boots with heels, self consciously worn hats and irrelevant motorcycle clothing. 

These are things you can get away with on a big stage under proper lights, but they look embarrassing in a boozer.

Although one band I depped for was so terrible I'd have worn a full face helmet with a tinted visor if they'd let me. 
    :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Hat sizes stop before my head size starts. :( Baseball caps are a pipedream to me. I count myself lucky if I can find a stretchy wooly job for winters.

Currently trying to find a skate/BMX helmet, to much frustration. :p
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    p90fool said:
    If I was prone to wearing hats generally I might wear one on stage, but nothing says "sad amateur guitarist" like boots with heels, self consciously worn hats and irrelevant motorcycle clothing. 

These are things you can get away with on a big stage under proper lights, but they look embarrassing in a boozer.

Although one band I depped for was so terrible I'd have worn a full face helmet with a tinted visor if they'd let me. 
    There’s a bloke who plays in a friend’s band who sports a ‘self consciously worn’ hat. You’re right - it’s an awful look in a pub - though less so if you’re Stevie Ray Vaughn....
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    JerkMoans said:

true story, honest:

For a while, my Dad needed a mobility scooter. He'd wear one of those flying helmets complete with matching goggles, when he was on it. He also discovered how to remove the governor and was delighted to find that he could get it up to about 20mph.

But then, he is mad as a fish.....

(one of many loony stories he's been involved in)

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Snap said:
    JerkMoans said:

true story, honest:

For a while, my Dad needed a mobility scooter. He'd wear one of those flying helmets complete with matching goggles, when he was on it. He also discovered how to remove the governor and was delighted to find that he could get it up to about 20mph.

But then, he is mad as a fish.....

(one of many loony stories he's been involved in)

That sounds freaking epic. What a capital fellow he sounds :)
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    p90fool said:

There’s a bloke who plays in a friend’s band who sports a ‘self consciously worn’ hat. You’re right - it’s an awful look in a pub - though less so if you’re Stevie Ray Vaughn....
    Add balding pony tail. And a waistcoat.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer