Help advice needed ref best amp modeller best live set up, for PA Please!

HushHush Frets: 21
Hi all, I'm sure this ground has been  covered before. But it hadn't occurred to me until recently, about buying decent live working modeller, plugged straight into PA my thoughts are for a Fractual audio AX8, but my question regarding these is? Do I need Fractal Audio Systems MFC-101 Mark III midi foot controller  to work the AX8 in a live situation,or would it just work the same as a stand alone floor modeller/footswitch like the Line 6 Helix. And the other obvious question is the AX8 the best modeller for authenticity with sounds, What I am really after is, plug in and go no fuss rig, Which certain gigs we've done recently, have the requirement for.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    The AX8 will work stand alone, just like the Helix. As for sounds, I prefer the Helix (and I owned both at the same time), but you’ll find owners of both units on here and a variety of opinions. Helix is, IMO, a whole lot easier to use than the Fractal. Your best bet is to try and find some users of both who are local to you who could give you a demo.
  • Big advantage of the Helix is the user interface. Most things can be done on the unit itself without scrolling through lots of menus. The AX8 I believe has quite a steep learning curve.

I think @Imalrightjack has owned both units. Maybe he could chime in.
  • @kennedydream1980 ;

I've had the Kemper and have the Helix now.  The latter is great for programming, on the unit or on my MacBook.  The effects are simpler (and so much more than the Fractal FX8 which sounded great but was horrible to program) too.  Sound-wise, with a Powercab (rather than Mission FRFR), I'm very happy.  If you don't like pages of tweakable options, get Helix.
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited October 2018
    @kennedydream1980 ;;;;;

I've had the Kemper and have the Helix now.  The latter is great for programming, on the unit or on my MacBook.  The effects are simpler (and so much more than the Fractal FX8 which sounded great but was horrible to program) too.  Sound-wise, with a Powercab (rather than Mission FRFR), I'm very happy.  If you don't like pages of tweakable options, get Helix.
    I find the FX8-Edit software very useful for programming, I've hardly touched my unit. I assume the AX8 has something similar. I also like the Helix Native interface too.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.