Slightly disappointed, but happy I suppose

What's Hot
Like many I spent countless hours with my mates through my late teens and almost all of my 20's playing console games together.

With the chat around RDR2 I thought maybe playing games again after not touching any for 6 years would be a better way to relax in the evening than wine and films or documentaries, and had an Xbox One X in an online shopping cart good to go. 

I dug out some of my old favourite Xbox 360 games last night and played Forza 4, COD Black Ops, Skyrim, Halo 3 and the original RDR.

Today I have downloaded a few highly regarded games on to my PC at work and spent an hour playing.

The conclusion I have reached though is I just can't be arsed, and couldn't help feeling that it was a complete waste of time. 

More importantly I suppose is that sitting on my own playing a game was never that fun, it was always about having a few mates round. 

Damn it, looks like it will be a bottle of wine and a film tonight then.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I used to enjoy playing PC games with my sons - a competitive pair. You're right - playing games on your own is no fun. Family or friends is the way to go.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3436
    dbphoto said:
    Like many I spent countless hours with my mates through my late teens and almost all of my 20's playing console games together.

You absolute rebel you. 
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    Getting stoned and playing games on a week day evening was always preferred to going to a pub.

The weekends were mostly spent at clubs on the 'E plan diet' though...........
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31523
    You could always buy a guitar and try that? 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    We’re in a modern 3 bedroom and I like to play loud.

Maybe ear plugs for the wife and children is the answer.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    dbphoto said:

The conclusion I have reached though is I just can't be arsed, and couldn't help feeling that it was a complete waste of time.
    Yep.  The only exception for me now are puzzle-type games, umm, aka "puzzles".  I guess it's the same thing as doing a crossword and therefore these games do actually feel okay to play solo.  But explosions, shooting, and Lara Croft's bum are now just memories.
  • To be fair no games console would ever be better than even fairly average documentaries of which there are absolute tonnes on the various TV services nowadays. Much more productive use of time than pressing buttons 
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    I like games, but unlike most not really a fan of multiplayer. I suppose it's a form of escapism, I like RPG types with big stories and such.. I see it more as an interactive book.. 
    Don't really have much time to play anymore but if I do have a bit of time once in a while it's and enjoyable way to relax. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2406
    I used to think similarly and that I was wasting my time. But I've learned to give myself a break and enjoy having something to have fun and wind down with. I don't play it all the time but it's good knowing it's there.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom