NGD x 2! Eclectic content...

What's Hot
NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
Couple of more left field entries to the stable.

Dean Baby Z. 

Bit battered but after a clean up its looking good in a well used kinda way.  This is before.  Will get some after pics if the sun comes out.    plays nicely and sounds pretty good, especially at the metalz.  7/8ths explorer shape is better than full size for me.  Nice to the play bluuze on.

Hofner Shorty. Plays beautifully and has a big sound.  Bit weird on a strap but fits perfectly sitting down in an armchair.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7080
    Yup. Odd!

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 437
    Nice session - is that a Rockette?

Baby Z at a blues gig? The blues mafia will be after you....
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    Its a Sessionette 75.  Would love to get a footpedal for it as then it would get used! Want to get it serviced by Stewart too and have the Retrotone mods done.  I'll get 'round to it one day.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Van_Hayden said:
    Baby Z at a blues gig? The blues mafia will be after you....

I often take Sammie, my Charvel to a Blues Jam.............

Niallmo, nice, if somewhat different, GASsage sir. The Hofner is most unusual, but cool. The Dean looks like it's been in a couple of battles, which again is cool.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• bertiebertie Frets: 13564
    good catch on the Hofner Niall
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited August 2013
    I've got one of the Baby MLs - it was my first guitar. Currently a rather camp shade of metallic silver, but have been wondering about stripping and oiling it (oo-er!) - that might look better. I've seen another cheap basswood-bodied Dean (full-size V) that had it done - it looked great. Might be worth a shot.

The body is actually 3/4 size, not 7/8 - not much difference tbh. I don't know if it's the same in yours, but the pickups in my ML absolutely scream - really loud, and the bridge pickup yields a genuinely great metal sound. It's also feather light (and a tad unbalanced admittedly).

Happy dual NGD!
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Why do I like that Dean? :-S
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    edited August 2013
    Lixarto said:
    Why do I like that Dean? :-S
    Because you're learning which guitar are awesomes.
    :D

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    I don't mind Explorers actually - although they're better after replacing the horrid ceramic HBs Gibson send them out with.

Not as groovy as a good Tele, obviously ;)
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    @bertie £89 New, delivered for the Hofner. Very impressed with it although Mrs Niallmo said I can't take it on holidays!  Small enough to sneak in the door pocket of my Mondeo though ;)

@Bucket Yes indeed a 3/4, conflicting info on that. Mine is very light and a neck heavy but has better overall positioning than an SG and I agree about the bridge pick-up. It screams.   Loves the 5150 model on PodFarm.  I'm watching a Baby ML on eBay...

Happy with both, problem is I'm running out of places to put them. i think I'm on 15 guitars, mostly under £100 each though....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2324
    nice :D