Line 6 Amplifi TT

What's Hot
baldybaldy Frets: 195
Does anyone have any experience of the above, especially using it as a headphone amp for home practice ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 335
    No, but I do have the FX100 which is pretty similar.

I've found it a pretty amazing unit to be honest. Loads and loads of user uploaded sounds to download and row after row of modelled effect pedals like a Big Muff, Digitech Whammy, Phase 90, TS9, etc, etc, there's tons of stuff...and the quality is surprisingly good. Much better than I expected.

I've found mine to be ludicrous value for money.
  • baldybaldy Frets: 195
    Thanks Slimbert that"s good to know.
    I am looking for something for home practice, mainly through headphones & that doesn"t look like an amp so that I can keep it in my living room, & keep my wife happy.
    The TT seems to be ideal for my needs & could also be hooked up through my home Hi-Fi from what I have read.
  • They are very good indeed.     The only thing I missed with the TT was being able to edit it using a pc - has to be by phone/tablet (android/ios).    I t can output to headphone,  has line outs, optical output, and a guitar amp output too.
    And its  big volume knob lights up to show you are turning it - what more could you want ?
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1232
    I bought one when GuitarGuitar were selling them cheap a few months ago, for the exact purpose you mention, and I was surprised by just how good it is. I was also quite surprised at just how big/heavy it is!

It's by no means the best of digital effects especially when compared when more expensive modellers, but they are more than good enough for practise.
  • I used to own one - for about 6 months, and used it for low-volume band practice in my house (working on arrangements, electronic drum kit, etc.). I found it to be a bit unresponsive to the nuances of my playing and it started to annoy me, so I sold it on. However, that's just me. There were some OK sounds inside it without it being great. I didn't like the editor much but it was usable. 
    One question to those that have used the TT, is it easy enough to control with a smart phone as opposed to a tablet or touch screen laptop ie is the small screen of a smartphone ok or does it make it difficult as I don"t have a tablet just a smart phone & non touch screen laptop ?
    If I had to buy say a 10" tablet to be able to control it easily then I might consider something else.
  • Just bought a TT about a month ago.. great for my home practice in a non-music room context..   like your requirements, it sits in my living room under the TV, I removed my unused Xbox 360 and put this in its place; heck Mrs B&T didn't even clock it until this weekend lol...

From my Android phone... I stream spotify or mp3s to it..  control the patch settings the App..  I am mainly an unplugged living room electric noodler these days, but being able to practice songs for the band with decent tone whilst sat on the couch is a great option for me.. even handles my Bass guitar on a "Tube preamp" type setting.

Maybe a PC based editing app would be beneficial but then I don't want to have to get a laptop out just for quick jams tones etc.. I can get that fix from my Katana. The tones are more than adequate for my use case.

Overall it's just a neater, more advanced option than using a Pod.

My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    So the small screen of a smartphone is big enough to easily navigate & alter settings in the menu"s ?
    What are you playing it through when practicing, headphones, hi-fi system ?
  • SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 335
    I found the Amplifi app to be pretty decent. Takes a few minutes and a couple of wrong turns to get used to it but considering the amount of stuff available, it handles it really well.

It's all done via Bluetooth and my 5.5" smart phone screen is plenty although when jamming I did find it easier using a 7" tablet which I found at the bottom of a drawer.

The 7" screen belongs to an ancient Samsung tab 3 and it handled it all perfectly. If something that old can do it then just about anything can. All that said, I use my phone more often than the tablet.
    Thanks very much for the info Slimbert  =)
  • Yeah it is.. I haven't needed to deep dive much.. plenty of presets to pick from.. but it's very intuitive I reckon.

Heaphones..  they live in the drawer (also under the TV) with a guitar lead..  absolute no hassle to have a quick and quiet shred in an evening. I could really do with a mono earphone so I can still be "in the room" occasionally.
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

Your usage sounds very similar to mine.
    I am going to wait till Andertons have the TT back in stock as they will be doing it at a very good price.
    GAS got the better of me after seeing a good deal on a used TT.
    It should be with me early next week.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    May have just joined the TT Club... Meeting a guy about a thing in a carpark near a bridge on Wednesday.. 

Cut price funs!
  • Used mine to play bass along with my band's album this weekend. Great little piece of kit
    My trading feedback

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Had a chance to have a quick go last night.. seems pretty good so far. Installed the app and connected no problem, spent most of the time messing around with all the different sounds, then started going through the bazillion uploaded patches. Bluetoofed music from my phone through it too for a little play along. 

Really impressed so far. 
    edited November 2018
    Well my TT turned up last Wednesday.
    As soon as I connected the app to it it said that I needed to update to the latest firmware.
    Just over an hour into the update the bluetooth connection dropped so I had to start again.
    An hour into the second attempt the bluetooth failed again.
    An hour into the third attempt it failed again & this time the TT stopped working completely & the app said it couldn"t connect to the unit.
    I spent most of Thursday trawling the web & Line 6 forums trying to find out what the problem was & trying various suggested supposed fixes, with no luck.
    I had already filed a support ticket with Line 6 Wednesday evening.
    Friday I got a reply from Line 6 & after buying a cable to connect the TT to my laptop & spending most of Friday following Line 6"s recommendations eventually got the TT working late Friday afternoon.
    Not a good start to my ownership but now that I have had a few days to play with the TT I am very impressed with it.
    It has loads & loads of options & sounds better than I expected.
    My wife is OK with it being in our living room to so that is a big bonus.
    I know one thing though, I will never try to update using my phone & bluetooth again but only my laptop via a cable.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom