Aesthetically pleasing digital/SS rigs - Whatya got/fancy?

What's Hot
TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
edited October 2018 in Amps
While I'm truly sold on the sheer practicality, tonality & versatility of an all-digital setup nowadays, I've been constantly put off by one constant - It's all just a bit ugly, isn't it?

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of beautifully designed modellers out there that look great for what they are (the Helix LT being my favourite of the lot), but even that looks like a glorified DVD player from a distance. If you're showing someone your amplifier & you have to point out your Boss GT-10 & your FRFR speakers/monitors, it's not quite as cool, is it?

& most digital units that do conform to an amp-style design still look pretty horrid - at least they do to me. I'm thinking (mostly) about the Mustang, Katana, Blackstar offerings, etc.

BUT! Some do look pretty cool, so that's what I'd like this thread to be about - Good looking all-digital setups that tick all the usual boxes for practicality, reliability & versatility, while still looking like something a little bit more classy.

Let me start off with this... (I know it's all subjective, but hey, opinions are still fun).

I guess you could say it isn't really a rig, but still, it's a gorgeously designed piece of gear that I'm more than fine leaving around the house, plugging into at any time, & still enjoying all that brilliant digital flexibility. The THR100HD/Cab combo also looks really classy for a digital setup, and sounds killer to boot from what I've heard online:

Another one I really like the look if is the Orange Crush Pro60/120s. I bet it'd look gorgeous setup with a few pedals & a nice blue telecaster... (This would actually be something I'd consider if not for the clean tones).

So, whatya got, & what do you fancy?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    Get a Helix and a Hot Rod Deluxe. 
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2193
    edited October 2018
    Roland Blues Cube Artist.

Get a Helix and a Hot Rod Deluxe. 
    My live rig is a Helix LT (fx only) through a HRD IV and a Blues Cube Artist.

It's not a competition.
  • Roland Blues Cube Artist.
    I'll second that. People tend to assume it's a valve amp when they see me with it. Right up until the point I swing it up one handed into the car boot, whilst carrying all the rest of my gear in the other hand.

(Either that or they just assume I have Hulk-like strength hiding in my non-Hulk-like 5'7" frame!)
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    The Blues Cube is a good shout. Actually thought of it when making the thread, but for some reason forgot to post it.

andy1839 said:
    Hey, I actually think the Kemper looks killer =) It's like a sci-fi prop from the 60s.
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 912
    I did a gig with my Kemper a few months back and the landlord said my 'amp' "looked like a flight deck!"  B)
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    Yamaha DG80. 

The DG60 probably looked a bit better at first glance but look...

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Roland Blues Cube Artist.
    I'll second that. People tend to assume it's a valve amp when they see me with it. Right up until the point I swing it up one handed into the car boot, whilst carrying all the rest of my gear in the other hand.

(Either that or they just assume I have Hulk-like strength hiding in my non-Hulk-like 5'7" frame!)
    you are ripped though, Hulk ;-)
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I always liked the Peavey Wiggy for being deliberately bonkers.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    I always liked the Peavey Wiggy for being deliberately bonkers.

Haha, I dig it.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    That Wiggy looks amazing :)

I've always bene partial to the L6 DT25.. Its a digital/valve hybrid monster. I like it though.. Looks kinda plain, but in a classy way imo.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom