Devi Ever seems to be in a bad place...

What's Hot
mattdavismattdavis Frets: 841
edited October 2018 in FX
stumbled on this on a Facebook group. Sad and very unfortunate if true. The comments, as ever, provide a glimpse into the darker sides of Homo sapiens.. Sad. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2134269993289828&id=101391646577683&anchor_composer=false
1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    edited October 2018
    It does fit a pattern with her; I think she pushed most people beyond caring a very long time ago after too many similar whinges and too many instances of shamelessly ripping people off. Really it’s always been the latter that’s been her problem while she hid behind her perceived victimhood.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • mattdavismattdavis Frets: 841
    Don’t really know anything about her or any of the facts - but she certainly comes across as in need of some help 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26920
    I hope she sorts herself out. I really do, as she's clearly a human being in need of help and has been for a long time now. 

But I don't believe it's "the industry" causing her problems, just seeming lack of ability to run a business. I've lost track of how many times she's folded a business venture because of a mix of poor business sense and personal problems.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gibsongretschfangibsongretschfan Frets: 1050
    edited October 2018
    Honestly sick of seeing this persons name pop up; made shit pedals, stole people’s money, played the victim.  
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28009
    edited October 2018

But I don't believe it's "the industry" causing her problems, just seeming lack of ability to run a business.
    Also an utter unwillingness to learn anything about electronics.

There are actually a few other trans in the industry, but they don't broadcast it. They get on with doing what they do well. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12663
    edited October 2018
    I have total support for anyone who doesn’t fit the ‘digital’ model of gender. A dear friend is trans and I fully understand the issues they face.

BUT.

If you owe folks money and you have no intention of paying it back, that has nothing to do with gender, sex or equality. That is theft.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 15reaction image Wisdom
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1257
    If you don’t have the skills, tenacity, and emotional resilience to run a business that doesn’t make you a bad person.

Giving running a business a shot and finding you’re not cut out for it doesn’t make you a bad person.

Doing it repeatedly (seemingly without learning anything about yourself, the industry you work in, or business in general), screwing other people over in the process, and then blaming everybody and everything apart from yourself I’m not so sure about.

That said I’m also not sure what it says about the suppliers, business partners, and customers who involve themselves in serial train crashes like this either as it does no favours for any of the people involved...
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3445
    Always the same story with this person. Years of conning and stealing from people. 
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7763
    This person just strikes me as an asshole, period.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72245
    Also responsible for the worst-made anything in the history of commercially-sold goods, in my experience.

I’ve worked on two of them - supposedly the same model, the aptly-named Disaster fuzz. They sounded totally different, and I have no idea which, if either, was working ‘properly’ - their owners weren’t sure. They were an utter mess of jumbled wiring, shoddy soldering and sticky electrical tape inside and I had no great desire to investigate any further.

They would be unacceptable as a saleable product even without dodgy business practices.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Remember when she conned people out of $40k for a cartridge-based FX system on kickstarter? 
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/deviever/console-ii-cartridge-based-multi-fx-guitar-pedal
    Peep the closing comment on the kickstarter which mirrors exactly the Facebook that @mattdavis posted -https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/deviever/console-ii-cartridge-based-multi-fx-guitar-pedal/posts/2080086

Once again, I will pay you when I can, and I fully intend to do so... when I am able.

Unfortunately it's not as simple as "Oh, I see you are working again, and living, so therefore you should be able to give me money."

I have debt beyond this kickstarter.  I have bills.  I have a family to support.  While I am self employed I have to balance numerous expenditures that are far more complex and evolving than simply cashing a paycheck every month.  I have to take care of my mental and physical health so that I am alive long enough to pay people back.

Oh dear...
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9514
    Repeated behaviour, and I believe that this has happened at least twice before. Sad.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28009
    ICBM said:
    Also responsible for the worst-made anything in the history of commercially-sold goods, in my experience.

I’ve worked on two of them - supposedly the same model, the aptly-named Disaster fuzz. They sounded totally different, and I have no idea which, if either, was working ‘properly’ - their owners weren’t sure. They were an utter mess of jumbled wiring, shoddy soldering and sticky electrical tape inside and I had no great desire to investigate any further.

They would be unacceptable as a saleable product even without dodgy business practices.
    Sounds a lot like the TBD I had to try. PCB had traces cut with a Stanley knife or similar, all the wires were solid core black, about the worst soldering I've ever seen the volume knib was wired backwards and it only produced any sound with the gain on full. And no PSU protection whatsoever. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 982
    carlos said:
    Peep the closing comment on the kickstarter which mirrors exactly the Facebook that @mattdavis posted -https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/deviever/console-ii-cartridge-based-multi-fx-guitar-pedal/posts/2080086

Once again, I will pay you when I can, and I fully intend to do so... when I am able.

Unfortunately it's not as simple as "Oh, I see you are working again, and living, so therefore you should be able to give me money."

I have debt beyond this kickstarter.  I have bills.  I have a family to support.  While I am self employed I have to balance numerous expenditures that are far more complex and evolving than simply cashing a paycheck every month.  I have to take care of my mental and physical health so that I am alive long enough to pay people back.

3) A great deal of the money was spent on the design and prototyping. The rest bled out into stupid shit like eating out too much, supporting my girlfriend at the time, and not working enough on the normal day to day business of devi ever : fx. In other words I slacked off for a year or two. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    I saw this on Facebook the other day. I read the post and the first dozen or so comments.

That in itself painted quite an interesting picture. But, seeing as I had never heard of this person before I vacated the thread without a care in the world. 

I don’t understand why some people use the internet to post such details on a business page. 
  • Same old shit with her.

1 - Start a business she doesn't know how to run, building something she doesn't know how to build, with skills she doesn't possess.

2 - Take money from loads of people based on the promises of somehow making something useful from the above.

3 - Use that money partly to pay off debts from her previous failed promises, but mostly on subsidising her lifestyle.

4 - Borrow more money to subsidise the lifestyle.

5 - Hit rock bottom, claim mental health issues (maybe there's a real diagnosis, maybe it's just the usual "I'm soooo depressed" thing from her generation, I have no idea).

6 - Blame everything on people hating trans folk, thus making those people less human and less deserving of being paid back.

7 - Take a break for a little while, go back to step #1.

I have zero sympathy. That's not because she's trans, or because she may or may not have genuine mental health issues. It's because she repeatedly and wilfully does this to people over and over again with zero consequences other than having to write an apology/blame-deflection post every couple of years.

She needs to get a job to support her lifestyle, pay back her debts the way any of the rest of us would, and stop screwing people over to try to get ahead in some Del Boy-esque scheme. Equally, her marks need to stop falling for it.
    <space for hire>
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
    Sorry all - didn’t know the backstory for this lady. Had just heard of her from fuzz pedal chat. Feel like I have touched some nerves! As you were..
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    mattdavis said:
    Sorry all - didn’t know the backstory for this lady. Had just heard of her from fuzz pedal chat. Feel like I have touched some nerves! As you were..
    Ha, you and me are in the same boat. Not got a clue about the back story of which there will be more than one side to hear. But, easier to walk away than start looking into it tbh :)