Used Katana 50 valuation?

What's Hot
skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6848
Just wondering your thoughts. 

I'm pondering selling my katana 50 with its two footswitches after xmas, to fund a katana 100 with a better ga-fc footswitch, as I think that will sort me for a few years for my main home set up. 

I see a few used on gumtree currently for £130, I think new they are still around the £190 mark. 

Its in great condition, never gigged, taken outside or marked in anyway! Original box and manual etc I'm sure I still have. 

Its updated to version 2, and I may as well include the 2 Boss fs-5l footswitches and the y cable, which again have original packaging/boxes. 

I figured if I take it as a trade in, I wouldnt get much for it! 
The only easy day, was yesterday...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• They regularly seem to go for £100-£120. I think selling the foot switches separately will get you a better return, unless someone wants that exact setup. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • I'd possibly be interested in buying the footswitches off you if you decide to sell them separately... you're in Southend aren't you?

I've just had a look at the Peach website and the Katana 50 is £199 but I'm sure mine was nearer £160 when I bought it from them last month. My experience of selling stuff is that if you hold out for the price you want, it'll hang around forever; everyone is after a ridiculously cheap deal these days (hence I still have a load of stuff that I just can't get rid of)
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• joetelejoetele Frets: 948
    Yeah looks like the web price has leapt from £160 to £199 now - probably in time for Christmas - and I'd say this time of year could be best to sell. I'd sell the amp for £120ish if you can, and the footswitches to the above gent. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • paddybpaddyb Frets: 31
    Got 180 for mine with a bright onion footswitch when I sold it on ebay about two months ago
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • baldybaldy Frets: 195
    iirc I paid £120 for mine, used, about 5 months ago off here.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3183
    Sold mine last month with footswitches  on here for £110, was gone within an hour so maybe I underpriced -although to get a quick bite I’d say it was worth putting it up for 110 instead of 120. Seemed fair to me, I wouldn’t have priced it above 120. Remember gumtree and eBay guys are expecting you to knock them down a bit whereas I like to price to go if it stays on the forum.
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6848
    I'd possibly be interested in buying the footswitches off you if you decide to sell them separately... you're in Southend aren't you?

I've just had a look at the Peach website and the Katana 50 is £199 but I'm sure mine was nearer £160 when I bought it from them last month. My experience of selling stuff is that if you hold out for the price you want, it'll hang around forever; everyone is after a ridiculously cheap deal these days (hence I still have a load of stuff that I just can't get rid of)
    Nearby, I'm Romford way. 
    Will let you have first refusal mate if I split. 
    Wouldnt be doing it til after xmas though! 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • skunkwerx said:
    I'd possibly be interested in buying the footswitches off you if you decide to sell them separately... you're in Southend aren't you?

Nearby, I'm Romford way. 
    Will let you have first refusal mate if I split. 
    Wouldnt be doing it til after xmas though! 

That's fine, I'm not in a hurry :) 
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)