SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Pro Jnr or similar for around £200? (no longer looking)

thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
edited February 2019 in Amps £
Hi all,

Not sure if £200 is a bit of a low ball price but wondered if anybody might be looking to sell a Pro Jnr or similar (in terms of size and basic sound) for around £200? When I had one before in Tweed I paid about that much and took a while to sell it for the same when it was time to move it on, so hoping they are still around the same for a basic black one. Don't mind if it's an old one, or if it's not in perfect cosmetic condition, as long as the amp itself works properly.

I'm in Birmingham.

May consider alternatives but need to be small like the Pro Jnr.

Will be used for either White Stripes/Strokes style indie, with boost and/or fuzz, and the occasional bit of clean playing, probably through a Laney IRTX to make it louder and add reverb.

Cheers all
Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Might be worth looking for a Laney Cub.  Nice little amps in my experience and quite Fendery
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16254
    Possibly also look out for a Yerasov GTA 15 which is effectively a Russian copy of the Pro Jr but cheaper, better speaker and uglier ( there are two versions: the original really ugly one and the newer just a bit boring looking one). Presumably used prices are pretty low as it is an undesirable brand but people seem to absolutely love them, I don't think you can find a bad review. I think you might have to take the line that it's so uncool it's actually cool.  

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/15796/new-russian-amp-day-yerasov-gta15/p1 ;
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    +1 For the Yerasov GTA. I have a black one which is a lot nicer looking in the flesh, I can assure you!

Very, very good amp if you can pick one up for under £250. 
  • Thanks all, the Yerasov seems slightly elusive but who knows (knowing my luck it'd only be the ugly version available even if there was one! Black one might be ok without the logo as it could sit in a shadowy corner). Will keep eye out for a Laney Cub but the last two I've seen for sale were slightly faulty which doesn't fill me with confidence...
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 610

Have you considered a Laney VC15 ? Small and always seem to slip under the radar

• bazxkr said:

Have you considered a Laney VC15 ? Small and always seem to slip under the radar

Think they may be a bit big but who knows.

By the way For anybody who may have something, I've got loads of stuff I could trade as well, loads of pedals, Supro cabinet (check my for sale threads for these) or a Line 6 HXFX if something a bit more grand maybe
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 610
    bazxkr said:

Think they may be a bit big but who knows.
    VC15 slightly larger face but not as deep. Pretty much the same O/A cube as PJR. Channels and reverb switchable and speaker out if you want to really crank it thro a bigger cab. FX loop. Well worth checking them out on YT. Terrific small amp. Can really snarl. Bright switch if you need more 'jangle' Looks a bit dated is maybe the only negative. I've had mine many years and never had to do anything to it (bet that has put the mockers on it LOL)
  • EpsilonEpsilon Frets: 600
    I have a Laney LC15 I could sell for about £100 plus postage. Much nicer than a Pro Junior in my opinion (though I would say that). I've previously owned a VC15 which was also very nice as others have said, though more in the spirit of a Vox amp. The LC15 has the benefit of being smaller than the VC15.
  • Epsilon said:
    I have a Laney LC15 I could sell for about £100 plus postage. Much nicer than a Pro Junior in my opinion (though I would say that). I've previously owned a VC15 which was also very nice as others have said, though more in the spirit of a Vox amp. The LC15 has the benefit of being smaller than the VC15.

Thanks @epsilon I'll have a little listen, I'd not thought of that one as I'd assumed it was a bit of a Rawwwk machine but I shall have a listen with an open mind and give you a shout back :) cheers
  • As I've just sold my Supro and I'm feeling needy and on the rebound, I thought I'd try this one again
  • I had one early last year that I bought and sold for around the £400 mark. Picked one up again. Picked one up again this year after my Marshall started playing up and lucbkily haven't had to use it. Would be willing to sell (based nr Pboro), but £200 is low. If you can find one for that, it's an absolute bargain. 
  • Maybe I am optimistic but I had a Tweed one which I paid less than £200 for, and couldn't sell it for the same for a long time when I tried to move it on and practically gave it away in a trade in the end. They were only £400 new then though which seems to have risen somewhat since. Not to worry, in all fairness I probably don't need an amp
  • Happy to consider other things including heads

Night Train?
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
    edited January 2019
    Thanks @skikdi53 that's very kind, neither are for me though I'm afraid as the Laney is too rawwwwwk add the Vaporizer is significantly larger than the gap in my wardrobe where the amp will live.

Have always fancied a Vaporizer as it's the kind of kitsch fake vintage thing I like but never had the space nor the opportunity to justify it sadly
  • Anybody got anything that might fit the bill? Thanks
  • I’ve got a Laney Cub 10 with a Rajin Cajun speaker upgrade that’s plenty loud and sounds great if of interest?