No signal passing through pedal when not on

What's Hot
Hey guys

Just received a pedal bought on here. It's a double tracker from Keeley. Plugged it up to my power supply (Walrus Audio Phoenix) and although it works when the pedal is engaged, no signal is passing through it when it's turned off. Have tried it in my chain on my board and also just going straight into it guitar - pedal - amp.

Any suggestions? I'm sure I'm overlooking something!

Thanks
H
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7763
    edited November 2018
    The switch is likely at fault if it's a 3pdt. Have an internal photo? 
  • will get one now! thanks
  • HPhillipsmusicHPhillipsmusic Frets: 188
    edited November 2018
    Am I safe to just lift this circuit board up @Winny_Pooh ;? It seems pretty well held down, is it just a case of carefully levering it up?

Thanks

• steersteer Frets: 1186
    Looks like your switch is directly soldered to the board, so it will probably not lift out without unscrewing that from the top first. 
  • Thanks @steer I've removed the switch, it's loosened up but I still can't get it off - could the knobs be soldered too?
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5141
    edited November 2018
    I’d probably message the seller on here if you have just received it....before you destroy it :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Yes of course have done that! Was hoping it would be something I could resolve (cable/power supply/some internal switch etc.)
  • steersteer Frets: 1186
    PSU input looks like it is also soldered directly on, as might be any pots - you probably have already thought of that though? 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72249
    edited November 2018
    I hope this isn't insulting your intelligence, but have you tried setting the SW1 dipswitch 'up', for mono? It looks like it's currently set 'down' for stereo, and if so that may do odd things in bypass when you plug a mono cable in.

If it's not that...

If it works with the pedal engaged then it cannot be a power supply issue. If it's directly-switched true bypass then it's the switch. If it's relay-switched then it will be the relay - I would guess relay switching is more likely since it has a stereo mode.

Either way it will be a fairly serious pain to work on. To get the PCB out you will need to undo all the pots, the jacks and the switch.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Hi mate, hopefully you got my pm back about this, I think it'll be the SW1 switch being down as ICBM has suggested. I was using it in stereo mode. Hopefully the link to the PDF I sent over will help getting it set to how you want it.

Thanks
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • Thank you guys,

@ICBM you absolutely should insult my intelligence! I had no idea that I was even looking at a switch there! I will have a play when I get home and hopefully that will sort it.

Thanks for the help.

H
  • That fixed it, thanks guys, appreciate the spot!