Solderless Pickup Swapping

What's Hot
Does there exist a simple part where, for example, I could wire up 2 Strat scratchplates with their own pickups and electronics then somehow have the main out and ground connected to a clickable part, kind of like how Gibsons come with the PCB, so the 2 scratchplates could be swapped between the guitar without having to solder each swap? The guitar would obviously have the female connectors for the parts connected to its output jack.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Looks like a decent option, any idea what they're called or where to get them?
  • Loaded pickgards. Its in the video.

I got one from StewMac. Still not used it yet.
    I sometimes think, therefore I am intermittent
    Loaded pickgards. Its in the video.

I got one from StewMac. Still not used it yet.
    I just want the little screw bit, I don't want the whole pickguard and electronics.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72241

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
    tFB Trader
    You want a screw terminal.
    Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
    Perfect thanks!!!
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10248
    tFB Trader
    thegummy said:
    Does there exist a simple part where, for example, I could wire up 2 Strat scratchplates with their own pickups and electronics then somehow have the main out and ground connected to a clickable part, kind of like how Gibsons come with the PCB, so the 2 scratchplates could be swapped between the guitar without having to solder each swap? The guitar would obviously have the female connectors for the parts connected to its output jack.
    We have a sliding pickup/scratchplate pickup demo strat that simply uses a two prong male and female connector to splice into the jack output. There are loads of suitable connectors on e bay. I wouldn't recommend the setup for a gigging guitar, as the contacts wear and can get dirty ... but for test work it's fine.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

thegummy said:
    We have a sliding pickup/scratchplate pickup demo strat that simply uses a two prong male and female connector to splice into the jack output. There are loads of suitable connectors on e bay. I wouldn't recommend the setup for a gigging guitar, as the contacts wear and can get dirty ... but for test work it's fine.
    What would I search for to find a similar one to the one you use?
  • I think radio control battery connectors would do the job.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4915
    edited November 2018