TonePros Bridge / Tailpiece in the UK

What's Hot
Seen quite a bit of hype around the TonePros bridges on some USA forums - manufacturers like Gibson and Parker are starting to use them on their stock guitars. Dolphin Music have just started stocking a large range of them, so I thought I'd let you guys know in case any of you wanted to source some from the UK.

They get good write ups, but are more high-end priced. Looks like they're around £50 for a Tune-O-Matic. Heres a link to some:

Anyone ever used their stuff?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7483
    edited April 2014
    Got a locking one on my Ltd with string thru. It's solid as a rock and I've very, very rarely hadstrings break, and only when they're very old and I'm doing 2 tones or more bends.

I really rate it, it's the only bridge I'd use on that type of guitar. It's been set up, locked and... That's it. Just the odd truss rod tweak to keep things smooth :)
  • Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3127
    They have been available in uk for sometime, but this looks a good wide range - thanks for the tip! I fitted a t-o-m to a les paul clone a few years ago. Well made, no idea if it made any difference to the tone, but it was great that you can take the strings off without the darned thing dropping off and scratching the top :)
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11540
    edited April 2014 tFB Trader
    We keep the full range in stock and have for a number of years , great stuff. I like their locking tailpiece studs a lot. We fit them to our custom built guitars whenever we can. Give me a shout if you need any.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7130
    edited April 2014
    I started using the locking Faber bridges as I found them even nicer than the TonePro stuff. I own both style of ABR bridges and tailpieces and of the two types I prefer the Faber stuff.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3003
    edited April 2014
    My 25th Anni Heritage 535 is loaded with a Tonepro's locking bridge & tailpiece & my JXG DC Jr has a Faber lightweight, compensated, locking ally stopbar and John has managed to make it work with the lock down collars. Both systems are great and I think great advances on the original.

Only thing is, you do get a bit spoiled and feel a right prat when you're doing a favour for a colleague and changing strings on his kids Epi LP on your lunch break only to have the tailpiece come clattering off...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9575
    Epiphone actually have their own "Locktone" bridges and tailpieces now. They don't screw down solid but have a little sprung insert that's just enough to stop them falling off. Not as good as Tonepros obviously, but better than a completely free one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3003
    Epiphone actually have their own "Locktone" bridges and tailpieces now. They don't screw down solid but have a little sprung insert that's just enough to stop them falling off. Not as good as Tonepros obviously, but better than a completely free one.
    Yeah, I think the one I was working on was pretty old and so I'm guessing pre dates the "Locktone".
    Shame, could've spared me some embarassment !
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1368
    stonevibe said:
    I started using the locking Faber bridges as I found them even nicer than the TonePro stuff. I own both style of ABR bridges and tailpieces and of the two types I prefer the Faber stuff.
    +1 for Faber kit.