Smoothhound guitar strap attachment?

What's Hot
mrkbmrkb Frets: 6779
edited November 2018 in Guitar
Has anyone got a neat solution to mounting a smoothhound transmitter onto a guitar strap? I use a short 1/4” jack to 1/4” socket cable to allow the transmitter to be put in my back pocket, but fancy a strap mounted solution. Am considering using a small multitool pouch, but wondered if theres a better solution.
Karma......
Ebay mark7777_1
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited November 2018
    @ArchtopDave ;; had a custom strap thingy made by them. 
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1377
    I use my leatherman pouch- it's perfectly sized but don't know if they are available separately
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1368
    edited November 2018
    I had Heistercamp make a custom Guitar Strap to which they added a leather pouch to the back of the Strap plus punched a hole through the Strap for the hinged bit of the Smoothound to pass through. I've been using the female to female Connector, that Smoothound offer. It's a bit bulky/ weighty compared to the Transmitter. I've, only today, discovered that Van Damme make a female Jack Connector (it looks to be 1/4"). I shall be ringing Designacable next week to check on this, and hopefully sort a Cable out, as this would be neater option than my current Connector.

See below for photos.

• 0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• 0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6779

That’s is a neat solution and I like the on/off button access. Not sure I’ll buy a new strap yet though, will keep looking for a solution I can add to any strap. Thanks for the photos!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    edited November 2018
    Alternatively, one of those Hotrox velcro ties will do the trick:

https://i.imgur.com/mR9ONoB.jpg

PS - excuse the crap photo.
  • ArjailerArjailer Frets: 103
    edited November 2018
    I use one of these Leatherman pouches:  https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0016KJKIG/    (it was a lot cheaper when I bought it from Amazon a few months ago)

Fits the transmitter well, attaches vertically or horizontally (to a strap or belt), and the belt pack adapter they sell pokes through the hole in the bottom so you can attach your cable  1 

Not as nice as ArchtopDave's custom strap, but a lot cheaper  :smiley: 
  • markr76markr76 Frets: 360
    Smooth hound actually sell a fixing bracket. It should be on their website. I bought one with mine. I think it cost £12 or something like that. I have a spare one if you want it. Shoot me a message with your address and I'll post it to you. Mark.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6779
    markr76 said:
    Smooth hound actually sell a fixing bracket. It should be on their website. I bought one with mine. I think it cost £12 or something like that. I have a spare one if you want it. Shoot me a message with your address and I'll post it to you. Mark.
    That’s great thanks , I searched their website but couldn’t find anything, and google images didn’t show up - though a guy on basschat has done a cool rapid prototype version. Will PM you, I’m not far from you and will be in Towcester on Saturday if collection is easier.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • I like these custom solutions. I use a couple of guitars so I just use a bit of gaffer tape on the transmitter to stick it to the guitar. It's definitely the least elegant, but probably the cheapest, especially if you steal the bass player's roll of tape!