Tidying up find. Laney Cub 8

Jetsam1Jetsam1 Frets: 604
Had forgotten all about it. Was put under something else when we moved in and it has not moved as we were expecting to move again and so had not really unpacked. Two years later as we are preparing to finally move........ =)

Have yet to power it on. Am I going to be relieved of my excitement? Or have a pleasant surprise? Of course if it still works.......
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2423
    edited November 2018
    They are very very bright and inevitably boxy due to the small speaker and cab. However, crank one up with the tone control of your guitar backed right off and they start to sound interesting.......
  • 77ric77ric Frets: 539
    I replaced the stock hh speaker with a Jensen p8r which improves the tone no end and rounded off the highs a little, but it’s just to damn loud to crank, keep thinking I should get one of those L-pad boxes of eBay and wire it in. 
  • Jetsam1Jetsam1 Frets: 604
    Well it works......

Sounded not too bad with humbuckers. Put it up on my desk and it is surprisingly loud...................... Will play with a reverb pedal if I get 5 mins tomorrow and see if that affects it in nice ways. A little novelty this afternoon. Still feels like a having a new amp to play with!

It is probably not worth trying to sell so playtime!

• Does it have a speaker output socket? It might sound like a real amp into a 112 or 212.
    Does it have a speaker output socket? It might sound like a real amp into a 112 or 212.
    "Runs to look"

Aw naw. Sadly not. SO I can pretend it`s 1960 or something and love my box sounds!
  • 77ric77ric Frets: 539
    Yeah it has an speaker out, on the underside of the chassis at the back. 
    edited November 2018
    77ric said:
    Yeah it has an speaker out, on the underside of the chassis at the back. 
    I will look more closely.

Edit: Indeed it has. So well hidden I never knew it was there. And unlabelled.