Which effect next?

What's Hot
DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
Bought a fuzz recently which sounds great but I just don't need it, fancy swapping it out on my board for something relatively small.

All reverbs, delays and modulation are totally covered. I have a BUZZ BOX, a clone SHO and a POG 2, so I guess the only one left to get is a nice compressor that again, I'd probably hardly ever use.

Anyone got any other interesting ideas for a new pedal to replace my fuzz? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1258
    How about the Pigtronix Philosophers Tone - compressor-meets-fuzz?
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Hhmm, interesting. 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

:-) 
  • Distortion :D get a rat!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    Langtronics bone collector
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Ha!

That is cool, but I think I'm covered in that base with my BUZZ BOX.
    I thought you was going to sell the buzz box to me?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I'll take trades on it.
    Gibson Les Paul Custom in black with chrome hardware, sunburst MN Eric Johnson strat, a Victory V30......

you know what, I'd even trade for just one of them rather than all 3.

:)

In all seriousness, I've actually hardly used it of late, but I know I have it when I need it.
    I was gonna offer my 56 strat. I thought that would have been a fair deal ;-)
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    Everyone needs a Rainbow Machine.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    That's legally binding that mate  
     Have pondered a Rainbow Machine before.  Maybe it's the correct time.  I also fancied an Arpanoid but....nah. 
  • xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    I didn't think i'd ever use a compressor but since getting a decent one i find it's rarely off. They are great for adding a certain professional quality to your tone. Though they are fn boring and rainbow machines are way more fun.......
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Deijavoo said:
    That's legally binding that mate  
    Its a good thing I dont own one then!
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 554
    57Deluxe said:
    Aha, the old calculate your power from measuring effort at the pedal, anyone got that to work yet?

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2158
    Damn you @juansolo!!! I want a rainbow machine!!!
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    It is utterly, utterly pointless. Yet for some reason I can't part with mine... JustNick did a demo with it that shows that it can actually be useful to be fair. But it's so much more fun sounding like a Nintendo.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kelvinburnkelvinburn Frets: 156
    On a smaller 8bit note, how about an MXR blue box?
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2326
    juansolo said:
    Everyone needs a Rainbow Machine.

what the hell is that :))