NPD...Belle Epoche Deluxe

What's Hot
JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 390
Just arrived at my house.
I owned one a few months ago and stupidly sold it here. This one is getting welded onto my board!!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Cool what do you like about it?  What makes it worth all the money to you?
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3755
    Been watching TPS? :0)  How does it compare to the Dunlop Echoplex?
  • The Deluxe looks amazing, not sure I’ve got £290 for more boing boing noises at the moment. Sadly. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  •  More versatile options than the MXR though that is a good EP3 pedal. Just sounds so authentic and analog with repeats.
    Sold one to get an Echosystem to cover all delay bases....but i flippin hate preset saving etc. Happy to be back with this.
    Maybe nned a DD7 aswell
  • JonHosker said:
     More versatile options than the MXR though that is a good EP3 pedal. Just sounds so authentic and analog with repeats.
    Sold one to get an Echosystem to cover all delay bases....but i flippin hate preset saving etc. Happy to be back with this.
    Maybe nned a DD7 aswell
    Thanks for the reply.  I asked because I've just bought one as well.  I've never tried an actual Echoplex but I thought I'm familiar with what it sounds like from recordings.

It's different and lush compared to anything I've ever owned and is staying.  I've never paid so much for any pedal, but it adds something I've never heard from a delay before.  Maybe it sounds right cos the players I like used one on records I grew up with.
  • Glad you are also happy.
    For me the warm chewy delay repeats are so so good. Love the shot slap delay too...almoat rwverb. Used to focus on tap tempo pedals but not any more.
    All the best
    Jon
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    edited November 2018
    Lebarque said:
    Been watching TPS? :0)  How does it compare to the Dunlop Echoplex?
    I A/Bd the basic Belle Epoch vs the Dunlop Echoplex and I much preferred the Dunlop. I’ve read many glowing reports of the BE but I found it overly digital sounding and I was constantly trying to find a balance between the mix and preamp, whereas the Dunlop is a pleasure to use (a tap tempo button is essential imo), really easy to operate, completely analog sounding and the tape age function is really well implemented. Another thing I really like about theDunlop - the repeats can be as loud or louder than the dry signal - it works brilliantly with bass guitar and if you stack it with a digital delay you can get some interesting poly rhythms going. It’s one of the most creative yet simple pedals i’ve used.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • We're all different of course, and I haven't tried the Dunlop (cos they leave out the EP-3 preamp and sell it separately, bollocks to that), but personally I don't find the Deluxe even vaguely digital-sounding, with or without the preamp engaged.

Tap tempo would have been nice, but the designer of the Deluxe went for creating an EP-3 Echoplex, warts and all, including some hiss at some settings which annoyed some people.

It's got a lot of other options going on, like a Memory Man setting, and expression pedal options, so it's sort of a different beast.

• GREAT PEDAL...BUT IT'S NOW IN THE CLASSIFIEDS - heading into digital modelling land - help me.....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom