Dads tools for sale and some free stuff

What's Hot
ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
edited November 2018 in Making & Modding
Sadly my dad is now in a care home due to suffering from vascular dementia for many years. I've been sorting though things and there are some nice high quality tools such as a complete boxed Record 405 Multi Plane. There's also a load of 120 year old Teak wood, I'm sure it's teak but could possibly be mahogany. There are countless hand carving tools and drill bits as well. I will get some pictures up in the next few days. Anyone interested?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• revsorgrevsorg Frets: 879
    I'm sorry to hear about your dad.  I lost my dad in April after many years of deteriorating dementia - you have my greatest sympathy.

I've been learning how to do wood turning for a couple of years now [e.g. A B C] - would any of the wood be suitable for turning into bowls?

I might also be interested in hand carving tools - I have a bunch of things for woodworking but it's something I plan to do more of.

Whereabouts are you?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks for your comments, it's a tough one to deal with. I'm based in Liverpool, if you are in the north west you're welcome to have a look and see if there is anything that you need. 

Pics to follow 
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    Just to say that I am also very sorry to hear about your Dad and I think you’re doing a great thing here - I am sure he would much rather this stuff was used and appreciated than just shoved aside. All the best.
  • I'm so sorry to hear about your father, really awful news. My dad died suddenly on 30th September.

I'm watching with interest, I'm only in Frodsham. If you wanted a chat I'm happy to listen.

Cheers,

Stephen
  • Really sorry to hear about your Dad, good luck with the sale. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33783
    Sorry about your Dad.
  • Very sorry to hear about your dad. I lost my mum to vascular dementia in ‘15 after about eight years’ deterioration. It’s such an unfair illness, wishing you all the best for your old man.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    edited November 2018
    My grandad died a couple of years ago and we cleared his shed while he was in a home, also with vascular dementia. Good time to do it, IMHO.

I found it more miserable going through things after he died... mostly memories associated with personal and Liverpool FC-related possessions.  Even though (strangely) we were all really happy at his funeral, sharing memories of the man we remembered him to be.

Best wishes for everything.
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2607
    edited November 2018 tFB Trader

Also sorry to hear about your dad..  I just lost my dad to cancer a few weeks ago and my mum was diagnosed with the beginnings of dementia a year or so ago and shes got worse because of what has been going on the last year..  So I know how it feels. Its why ive been absent from here for a while now.

My condolences and best wishes to you and yours.