New H9 algorithm....

What's Hot
hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1813
Go get it, sounds like fun:-

Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Awesome!
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1374
    What a crock. Sorry but Miku anyone? As an H9 owner I want useable presets and algos. The most common feedback to Eventide is that you cannot combine algos and only load up 1 at a time. Maybe they should focus on developing some of those that combine algos?
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm personally quite pleased with the new release.
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    I'd want to see how well it tracks before passing judgement, but that doesn't sound great- cheese on toast.
    Having 6 oscillators is a nice idea but most synths are 2 or 3- it is the quality of the oscillator that matters more than how many you have.

A couple of nice saws/triangle/square waves and a decent filter + some interesting modulation options are what I would be looking for.

• Sounds like something you scroll past really quick in an old Zoom unit.   But in the right context it could sound pretty good.  Perhaps for some Herbie Hancock or Stevie Wonder funky parts.  Ultimately I’d need to be in a certain type of cover band to want it, but I can see a niche.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12649
    I guess whether you like this or not falls on what sort of music you play.

Personally, I am impressed. But then I like sounds that are a long way from regular guitar ones... 

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• I have a sneaky suspicion that the sounds will sit well on top of a more conventional guitar/bass/drum track.

I'm updating my h9 as soon as I get home on Friday
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    impmann said:
    I guess whether you like this or not falls on what sort of music you play.

Personally, I am impressed. But then I like sounds that are a long way from regular guitar ones... 

Same here. I think it sounds cool, but I'm a guitarist that doesn't really listen to much guitar music, so what do I know.
  • Yeah I like it. Aside from really niche delays and reverbs, there’s not much missing from the H9. Synth style algorithms are inspirational. I have a Meris Enzo and this will sit well with that
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 581
    I like that a lot!  My only complaint with the Helix is that the wacky side of effects isn't there.
  • Just installed it on my H9. Immense fun :) Not sure how I'd implement it in my band context though but happy to lose hours playing with it LOL. Obviously it struggles with chords and double stops etc so there is a different way of playing guitar one has to adapt using it but that was expected :)
  • BowksBowks Frets: 413
    Bezzer said:
    I like that a lot!  My only complaint with the Helix is that the wacky side of effects isn't there.
    I'll bring mine next time we catch up!
  • Updated mine last night, it makes everything you play sound like the 'drive' soundtrack. Looking forward to annoying the rest of the band at practice.
  • I really liked it.
    Some of the presets are a bit comical but generally I can see a use for it.
    It's a shame it's all monophonic but generally I can't grumble. It's good that eventide are still applying updates to what is now quite an old unit. 
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 581
    Bowks said:
    Bezzer said:
    I'll bring mine next time we catch up!
    And this is why I love you :)
  • I'm looking for songs now that I can use it on ;)