does the high e look too close to the edge of neck

What's Hot

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10681
    My Jem:

photo image_zps22d16afd.jpg
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2014
    Sunshine - look at the 2 horns on my guitar. You can see the inside sides on each horn because my camera was exactly central. On yours you can only see the inner side of the right hand horn, because the camera was slightly to the left of central, so by parallax, the strings are all going to look further to the right than they really are. You can also see the left side of the trem block.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    currently having a conversation with a seller in relation to a jem and the guitar being sold is this exact one.

Richtone still have this exact guitar for sale on eBay. The image in the listing is the same one.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72246
    The saddles can be bolted down with the bolt in one of two positions, each of which allows some travel - so the two positions cover all the range of adjustment. If one is close to fully forward and one close to fully back, the saddles will be almost in line but the screws won't be.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• martmart Frets: 5205
    mike_l said:
    (Pic deleted)
    Hopefully that'll be a bit clearer on how it works/looks
    Aha! Yes, now I understand! Thanks, and thanks for being patient with my ignorance. :)
  • sunshinewellysunshinewelly Frets: 731
    edited April 2014
    GuitarMonkey;213397" said:
    sunshinewelly said:

currently having a conversation with a seller in relation to a jem and the guitar being sold is this exact one.

Richtone still have this exact guitar for sale on eBay. The image in the listing is the same one.

http://r.ebay.com/C2asWx
    This is weird as the seller of the jem has sent me her own photos of guitar and the serial number is the same as the one on the richtone ebay listing. Also if you search jem 70v on the richtone site the photos there are the same with same serial number being sold by the seller I am in contact with. Only explanation is the stock photos they are using are photos of this guitar my seller bought from richtone

• image here is the photo seller has sent me after requesting photo of headstock. its the same serial number as the one on richtone site
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72246
    edited April 2014
    Contact Richtone and ask if they still have the guitar!

For what it's worth the story is a classic scam tale, although it's possible it could be true as well...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1097
    seller has agreed to sell me a jem 70v as above for £615 delivered which seems a decent price especially if the neck wont cost to much to fix.here is the photo she sent - she seems to have broken up with her boyfriend and wants shot of his stuff (thats what she has told me) - she has sent me photos of ibanez box and receipt from richtone so everything is legit. seems a decent price for what should be a mint jem. payment by paypal so if anything goes wrong at least there is some protection.

recon its a good deal. - she has offered me the chance to go to her home to play it but she is too far away

I wouldn't put too much faith in paypal!

Where is she based? Is this on ebay or classifieds?

Ask her to take a photo of the headstock next to a piece of paper with the word "bananas" written on it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • its on the classifieds - seems an elaborate scam. she has provided copy receipt , asked whether she had a box and she said yes and a photo is sent of an ibanez box with her details on it (UPS delivery slip etc)
  • her details also check out - seems to be a decent musician - lots of tracks on soundcloud etc
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Sorry if I missed it but is cash on collection possible?  Check it then.  If it's anywhere near me I'd happily check it for you. 
  • She is happy with cash on collection - she is based in somerset - it was me who wanted to do paypal
  • imageshe must think i am some sort of nutter
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2014
    Just to be sure, now ask her to take a photo of the headstock next to a piece of paper with the word "wolf" on it.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11884

You sure it's not parallax error?

you can see that the strings all look as if they are to the right relative to all 3 pickups,  and the right inner edge of the monkey grip I visible, so I think the picture was taken slightly from the left

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3616

You sure it's not parallax error?

you can see that the strings all look as if they are to the right relative to all 3 pickups,  and the right inner edge of the monkey grip I visible, so I think the picture was taken slightly from the left

Agreed.

Often difficult to tell purely from photographs. 
  • I am even more concerned over this sale - it was listed originally at £900, then i offered £650 which was accepted. Then i asked for a discount to £615 because of what i perceive to be an issue with top E  which is again accepted.

I then send payment to her email address and paypal send me mesage saying payment is unclaimed as seller does not have a registered paypal account.

I have cancelled payment - do you think this is a scam - she clearly has the guitar, has sent me updated photos of guitar with random word as requested (see above), she has sent me a receipt of the purchase from Richtone and a picture of the box with her details on it , she seems overly eager to get rid of it however, she has offered me the chance to go to her home and try it out and pay in cash or meet up. She has given me her home address and telephone number which again checks out. She has a following in the somerset area as a singer /guitarist. 

I want to give her the benefit of the doubt but my spider senses are tingling here.

It doesnt scream scam but what is going on
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    I am even more concerned over this sale - it was listed originally at £900, then i offered £650 which was accepted. Then i asked for a discount to £615 because of what i perceive to be an issue with top E  which is again accepted.

I then send payment to her email address and paypal send me mesage saying payment is unclaimed as seller does not have a registered paypal account.

I have cancelled payment - do you think this is a scam - she clearly has the guitar, has sent me updated photos of guitar with random word as requested (see above), she has sent me a receipt of the purchase from Richtone and a picture of the box with her details on it , she seems overly eager to get rid of it however, she has offered me the chance to go to her home and try it out and pay in cash or meet up. She has given me her home address and telephone number which again checks out. She has a following in the somerset area as a singer /guitarist. 

I want to give her the benefit of the doubt but my spider senses are tingling here.

It doesnt scream scam but what is going on

Have you got a land-line phone number?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21)