does the high e look too close to the edge of neck

What's Hot

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    photek said:
    Send her a link to the forum so she can fight her corner haha. She might hit it off with the guitar butcher and we can all go out any buy hats ;)

Or she might show him how it's done. And how to fix guitars.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sunshinewelly;214052" said:
    Not worried it's counterfeit now. Just want to make sure she sends the bloody thing.
    That's the chance you take mate. But at £615 I wouldn't be taking the gamble on a random seller who until today didn't have a PayPal account.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4133
    Just go and get it!
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited April 2014
    Honest it's s bargain but your worried, find a way to collect it, or find someone closer to her you trust, send them the money and get them to pick it up and send it on to you.

For what it's worth I paid by PayPal for a guitar worth 2k a fee months back, private sale, I figured you have to offer people a certain amount of trust, and it went fine.

This girl has done everything you asked of her, so what's not to trust?
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    ^^ what he said!!
  • It's done payment is made. Let's hope my faith in people does not let me down. I will report back once guitar arrives or if it does not arrive.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10691
    Awesome. You got a bargain there (if it arrives :) )
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • sunshinewelly;214373" said:
    It's done payment is made. Let's hope my faith in people does not let me down. I will report back once guitar arrives or if it does not arrive.
    Ok buddy. Keep us informed. Was it the one on pre-loved in Bridgwater Somerset?
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited April 2014
    You've got her name and address, proof she has the guitar, proof she bought it from a reliable retailer and proof of agreement of sale (texts or messages, PayPal transaction) so if worse comes to worse then reporting her for fraud would be easy, as would a PayPal chargeback.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited April 2014
    Plus if you've done the payment correctly through ' payment of goods' and not gift and she is a new account holder to PayPal, then they should put your payment to her on hold and not release funds to her until you've confirmed to PayPal that you have received the goods are happy and all is well.

That's how they used to work anyway.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    edited April 2014
    Will the guitar arrive?

Will it be as described?

Will the top E actually lie where it should?

Will the seller reveal her true reason for owning a pointy guitar?

Will she continue to write random words at the OP's behest?

Will the OP get more than he bargained for?

Tune in this time next week for the next episode of 'A Floyd Rose by Anyother Name Would Smell as Sweet'.....
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    [ hums theme to Soap]
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    And?  AND?  AND?
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    EricTheWeary;214486" said:
    [ hums theme to Soap]
    If it all goes Pete Tong, I'm thinking more of Simon Bates' 'Our Tune' music....
  • Yes it was the seller on preloved.

I now have an update .

Guitar has not been dispatched. Managed to get a response from the seller that her daughter had been taken into hospital last night and she wont be able to post today. Now its a bank holiday on the weekend so not happy about delay (if she is being honest).

Now usually that would be ok and my typical reaction would be these things happen. However up until payment was sent the seller would reply to my emails within a few minutes - you will recall the banana message.  In fact i had a message just before payment was made saying guitar was all boxed and ready to take to post office in the morning and asking me when payment was to be made.

The fact that she did not message me this morning to say there would be a delay is concerning. Again she may have been very busy but its still a concern. To be fair she did respond to a text message just now saying she would try in the morning to post it

Anyway i felt that i should raise a dispute with paypal and have sent her a nice message saying that i will close the dispute once she posts the guitar. I understand that the payment should now be put on hold at least.

watch this space
  • vizviz Frets: 10691
    edited April 2014
    up until payment was sent the seller would reply to my emails within a few minutes - you will recall the banana message.

There is little doubt of that! :)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3621
    It may be genuine OP but the hospital ruse is as old as the hills, you were right to raise a dispute. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2926

I think you're being a bit jittery, at least give her a chance to get it posted, if she fobs you off again then you can take action.

You don't strike me as being very confident in the deal at all, which makes me wonder why you went ahead with it?

• Had she sent me an email saying that there was going to be a delay then that would have been fine. But not to say anything after chasing me for payment yesterday is a concern. By raising a dispute then it seems the seller will not be able to withdraw the payment until the dispute is closed. I did send her a message stating the reasons for what i was doing and wishing her daughter a speedy recovery so hopefully if she is genuine she will understand my concern and action and if its a scam then i dont care if how she feels. 
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited April 2014
    I know it was the one on preloved. I decided to test the water on it as I thought it was dodgy.

I texted the seller yesterday morning and asked if it was still for sale. She replied at 11: 25 pm that someone was coming to look at it tomorrow (thurs) and that she would let me know if it was still available.

I then saw your post last night saying you'd paid her.

She then text me back this morning at 10 am saying it was sold. So I'm assuming it was to you that she was referring to that had bought it.

Still leaves it up in the air though.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom