Pedals you use with your Helix (not basic ones, drives etc.)

markblackmarkblack Frets: 1590
I have to be honest I love my Helix, I'm just a bedroom player, and I'm no tone obsessive.

What I really like it that it's makes life simple, recording is easy, guitar, mic in USB cable, laptop. Done.

I also like how it lets me play with pedal in a way that I couldn't do if I had an amp set up. 

For example sending the dry feed from a pedal into one 'amp' and the wet into another... 

I got rid of all my other pedals but I do still but the odd one of two that I can make odd noises with :)

Here's a few below that I think the Helix brings to life - in no particular order EHX 95000, Montreal Assembly CT5, Plus Pedal and Trio+

Just wondered if anyone else had any recommendations for ones to try?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    Wah (Clyde or Crybaby).
    Pog 2
    Whammy V
    Butler Tube Driver.
    Frostwave Blueringer
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27585
    Source Audio Reflex
    monkeyFX FIGLA
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    The only thing I use is a Whammy DT to give me polyphonic pitch shifting due to the well documented Helix deficiencies in this area.  Once the expected pitch shift improvements arrive in Helix I probably won't use any external pedals at all.
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    edited November 2018
    I use an H9 in one loop (mono), a Freeze in one loop and my Enzo will be connected in stereo through 2 loops this weekend. I also have a mini AMT expression pedal connected for patches where I need to morph settings on one snapshot and use the Helix expression pedal for wah 
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    edited November 2018
    Plugged into mine are:

meris m7, poly moon and ottobit in stereo

gurus dd1929 and moog clusterflux.

love running vst synths through it
  • kennedydream1980kennedydream1980 Frets: 1143
    edited November 2018
    Has anyone tried using a full pedalboard into the front end of a Helix. 

The reason I ask is the lead singer in my band has expressed an interest in picking up the guitar again for a few songs in the set. He doesn't want to cart an amp to gigs for just a couple of songs.

So my initial thought was to set up a 2 independent rig preset in helix. However due to DSP limitations i'm finding I'm having to compromise on certain things, plus the fact I would have to change sounds for 2 people.

So my thinking is to setup a signal path for him with just a clean amp (Probably the Mesa Lonestar Clean amp) and IR, and suggest he runs his pedalboard through the Helix. I think he would much prefer that as he is familiar with his pedals and knows how he likes them to sound. 

So I'm looking for real world experience with pedals into the front end of a Helix using a clean Amp. Does the Helix amps react as you would expect a real amp would to drive pedals etc.
  • PFAllen2PFAllen2 Frets: 236

The reason I ask is the lead singer in my band has expressed an interest in picking up the guitar again for a few songs in the set. He doesn't want to cart an amp to gigs for just a couple of songs.

So my initial thought was to set up a 2 independent rig preset in helix. However due to DSP limitations i'm finding I'm having to compromise on certain things, plus the fact I would have to change sounds for 2 people.

So my thinking is to setup a signal path for him with just a clean amp (Probably the Mesa Lonestar Clean amp) and IR, and suggest he runs his pedalboard through the Helix. I think he would much prefer that as he is familiar with his pedals and knows how he likes them to sound. 

So I'm looking for real world experience with pedals into the front end of a Helix using a clean Amp. Does the Helix amps react as you would expect a real amp would to drive pedals etc.
    That should work quite easily, you could bring his pedalboard into helix via the aux input or on one of the fx returns.
    Click here for my Trading Feedback
  • PFAllen2 said:

That should work quite easily, you could bring his pedalboard into helix via the aux input or on one of the fx returns.
    Yeah that was my plan, I was just unsure how the Helix amp models would interact with pedals, especially drive pedals into the front end. 
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1590
    I use an H9 in one loop (mono), a Freeze in one loop and my Enzo will be connected in stereo through 2 loops this weekend. I also have a mini AMT expression pedal connected for patches where I need to morph settings on one snapshot and use the Helix expression pedal for wah 
    is that a Meris Enzo? Hadn't hear that before... seems interesting.
  • That’s right - new Meris pedal. Only just starting out how and when to use it
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16012
    POG ....one of the few things Helix just can't get to sound good