easy click track - drum loop for rehearsal etc

What's Hot
nickpnickp Frets: 183
I'm in the middle of selling my soul (incl my looper) for a Helix.

when i get the helix I'll be using the looper for practice - but I don't think it's got a drum loop thing and I liked that about the Boss pedal.

Any ideas of an easy bit of software that just makes drum backing to make the loops a bit nicer to play with?  gotta be easy as this is about practicing over chords (both static and a progression)

ta muchly

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Put free drum backing track into YouTube or google
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • I tend to use YouTube, just search for "x/x drum track xxxbpm" and there's pretty much any tempo or pattern on there.

I've played around with Hydrogen in the past too, I think that'll do what you're after
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • If you're talking about running the drums on a laptop and a looper on the Helix, you'll run into tempo drift and your loop will be out of time with the backing audio. You would need to record the drum track into the Helix looper (unless the looper can punch in and out to a tempo clock - EDIT it can't) and I believe you can do that by routing a USB audio signal to a channel other than 1/2. I don't have a Helix, but I've spent a lot of time with loopers, midi and audio routing.