SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Presonus Studio Live 16.4.2 Mixing desk - Faulty. SOLD!

What's Hot
ash96ash96 Frets: 61
edited November 2018 in Studio & Rec £
Basically, this has been in my storage room for the last year or 2 and I've never got round to fixing it and now I'm moving out and there's no point me taking it for it to go straight into storage again.

The problem it has it it seems to 'freeze' randomly. It has a bit of a pop, and then the output freezes. turn it off and back on again and works fine again. It seems like its probably a software / firmware issue, but Its also Firewire, and of course my new mac doesnt have firewire so rather than buying adaptors and messing about and stuff I just thought I'd let it go cheaper to speed things up. 

Therefore its for sale 'As Is'. These seem to go for about £600-650 second hand, so i'm looking for about £200 as it is. Also open to offers or trades for anything else guitar related TBH. Like I say, its been in storage not being used for so long I kinda forgot I still had it.

Bargain of a desk for someone who has the patience to fix it!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2073
    Are these issues when its connected to firewire or still happens with nothing connected?...or just monitors connected?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • ash96ash96 Frets: 61
    Yeah also happens when its just being used as a mixing desk rather than as an interface.
  • stevebsteveb Frets: 42
    Ive got one of these with the same fault!!! Need to send it in to be looked at!!!
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2073
    I’ve had mine for years with no issue....overheat seems to be one diagnosis, could yours be getting too hot ?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10356
    I've fixed a couple of these ... some of them have problems with the SMPS. other have problems due to the how it's designed in as much as  the analog faders are used as voltage dividers to give a digital value ...  and when a fader goes bad it can't read a value and basically does all kind of crazy stuff .... my own band one decided to continue to pass audio on such an occasion but refused to acknowledged the postilion of any fader  leaving only the gains to control the mix ..... been a while but from memory they are 10K linear faders and easily replaced once desk is  disassembled. 

I did the firewire port on another one, it's on a sub board rather than the main PCB which makes life easier
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Right, been speaking to Personus. They've said they can fix it and they have a flat rate bench fee of €395 (£340ish) so thats the max it would be to fix by presonus. 

These go for £600-£650 on ebay, so I'd be happy to drop the price a bit to £150 so even if you have to get it fixed from presonus it'd still be at least £100 cheaper for the effort. or trade for any guitar gear / pedals or whatever. At this point I just don't really want to take it to my new place.
  • I had one of these for many years which I recently sold. 

It had to be repaired 3 times when I had it. Each time the fault was it wouldn’t pass audio. Also the display of the Fat channel would randomly flicker and change settings on their own.

The diagnosis each time by my local repair shop was dirt had somehow got inside and was affecting the digital encoders on the faders.

They simply gave it a good clean inside and it sorted the problem each time. Repair bill each time was between £50-£60. 

Repair bills a lot better than I got from presonus. Maybe I'll try to get it fixed locally first. 
  • ash96 said:
    Repair bills a lot better than I got from presonus. Maybe I'll try to get it fixed locally first. 
    I would certainly get someone local to look at it and give you an estimate on the repair. 
  • Sent you a PM