NPD

smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 664
Got a couple through the post yesterday and today, both absolutely awesome after 30 mins tinkering!

Wampler Ace Thirty is killer, as you'd expect from Wampler! Never played a proper AC15 or 30, but the tones out of this pedal are absolutely sublime!

The other is the Madbean Kingslayer Klon OD, kindly sold to me on here by @ AlexHunter and I'm positive it was built by @handsomerik. I've tried a couple of Klon clones and was never really all that impressed, but this one has major tweakability and sounds brilliant into my clean channel, but as we all know, the Klon was meant to hit an already driven amp - and this thing KILLS!!

Both straight on my board for 2 big gigs this weekend!

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2356
    nice :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1620
    +1 on the Ace. Great pedal. Only Wampler I've kept, out of a fair few

• handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1005
    It was indeed built by me. Glad you like it. :-) 
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5850
    Nice pedals, I'm liking the sound of the Ace 30.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 664

I've had a fair few Wamplers too - all amazing pedals, defintiely one of my favourite manufacturers. They were always surplus to requirement though, so they never got the use they deserved and I sold them on. Only because they were higher gain/Marshall voiced and I already covered that territory with my amp.

I've had a Joyo AC Tone on my board for about a year now, covering me for lower gain stuff and I love the Vox tone with my Tele. When Wampler announced the Ace Thirty, I knew I had to try it! It sounds brilliant, and from the little tinkering I've done, noticed it sounds completely different to the Joyo (which I think is an amazing Vox in a box, regardless of the fact its only £30! - it's one of the my favourite pedals I've ever bought)

I play through a 100watt Marshall into a 4x12, and I've got my clean channel set up about as clean as it can go, but even then it's a bit grunty. When I turn on the Wampler, it transforms my clean channel into crystal clear, sparkly, chimey goodness! So without any gain, this pedal could be used for a great platform for anyone wanting some extra clean-ness out of a Marshall.

Start fiddling with the gain/toggle/boost switches and as the video demo's suggest, you can go from Beatles territory right into Brian May and everything in between! it really is a lovely sounding pedal, with a LOT of tweakability! it has some internal trim pots for the gain as well!

I tried it set quite clean/edge of breakup, the boost set up for some low/mid gain OD, and then hit it with the Kingslayer for some crunchy lead tones - WOW! No other words for it. Had me drooling! I can't wait to try this out at full volume rehearsal tonight