Merseyside Guitar Show - Aintree Race Course - Sunday 25th

What's Hot
guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14214
in Guitar tFB Trader
http://www.guitarshows.co.uk/ARPages/Merseyside.html for all the details regarding the Merseyside Guitar Show at the Aintree Race Course - Sunday 25th Nov

Free parking - refreshments - demos/clinics

Massive selection of new/used/vintage/cool guitars etc + a host of amps, pedals, spares, accessories - One of the largest selection of new/used gear you'll ever see in the UK under one roof

Guitars4You will be exhibiting so come along and say hi - I'll know in a few days which guitars I'm taking - Will also have good deals on strings, by Ernie Ball, Elixir, Rotosound + D'addario + various accessories etc - If there is any guitar listed on my web site that you wish to evaluate, with a view to a purchase, then let me know a couple of days before hand and I can bring it along with me
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14214
    tFB Trader
    Not sure if any other FB members are exhibiting at the Aintree show
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    I'll have the full range of Fredric Effects pedals there to try, looking a little like this:

tFB Trader
    ^^^^^^

Thanks and hope any other FB exhibitors pile in and add to this as appropriate
    tFB Trader
    Only a week to go to one of the largest guitars shows in the UK, so hope to see a few faces at this event
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    edited November 2018 tFB Trader
    The show is open! Nice and busy so far. Drop by the Fredric Effects stand to try this guy out.

http://www.fredric.co.uk/misc/IMG_20181125_094532_252.jpg
  • Amp Guitars from Macclesfield are there and have a couple of @Miserneil’s Ivison guitars on their stand. Can’t make it myself sadly - looks like a good show.
  • It would appear that some people have turned up at Haydock Park this morning, has there been some confusion with the posters and advertising stuff Mark? @guitars4you
  • It would appear that some people have turned up at Haydock Park this morning, has there been some confusion with the posters and advertising stuff Mark? @guitars4you
    The posters I’ve seen all had the correct details on. 
    Cheers for that.

I wasn't joking...a facebook post from this morning from a rather well known Manchester amp repairer basically stated that's where he'd pitched up to, and the security guys at Haydock were dealing with other similar people...

It's an easy mistake to make, some horses I've backed at Haydock Park, I swear must have jumped off at the start line at Aintree, it took the bastids that long to come home. 
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader

It's an easy mistake to make, some horses I've backed at Haydock Park, I swear must have jumped off at the start line at Aintree, it took the bastids that long to come home. 
    My horse came in so late.....he had to tiptoe back to the stables....

(c) Tommy Cooper 1974
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • badlydrawnbanjobadlydrawnbanjo Frets: 855
    edited November 2018
    It would appear that some people have turned up at Haydock Park this morning, has there been some confusion with the posters and advertising stuff Mark? @guitars4you
    Cheers for that.

I wasn't joking...a facebook post from this morning from a rather well known Manchester amp repairer basically stated that's where he'd pitched up to, and the security guys at Haydock were dealing with other similar people...

Yeah, I saw the post too. I couldn’t be bothered getting involved in a discussion with that lot though!
    tFB Trader
    It would appear that some people have turned up at Haydock Park this morning, has there been some confusion with the posters and advertising stuff Mark? @guitars4you
    Cheers for that.

just got back and picked up this message so obviously to late to have any influence - Couldn't see anything wrong on my postings - So was worried in case on any error, but looked all okay that I could see
    tFB Trader
    Just got back - long day - M6 an effing pain this morning before 6am with closures

Had quite a good day - saw  few FB guys

Good steady stream of 'punters' throughout the day - I did okay but many exhibitors claiming no/little sales

Few pieces of interest on a few stands

last show of 2018 - Next is late Feb, then the big show in Brum, so nearly 3 months of
  • miserneil said:

My horse came in so late.....he had to tiptoe back to the stables....

(c) Tommy Cooper 1974
    Or...I backed it at ten to one, it came in at quarter past three...

(c) Julius Caesar 64 BC. 

• steersteer Frets: 1186
    It was a good show, I thought. very busy in the late morning when I was there. Plenty of nice stuff. However, I didn't see anything that I could not resist. 

I am not surprised that some stalls do not sell anything. One of them had a load of nice high end guitars, but not a single one had a price tag on it. 

Another had some nice handmade guitars for about £2k. But the only way to demo them would be through a Yamaha THR5. I have a THR amp at home, and it is a great little amp, but would anyone spend 2 grand after demoing through a fun little practice amp? 

I wonder why there is not a stage or demo area where all the pedal builders and guitar builders could have say 15 minutes each to demo their gear? 
    tFB Trader
    steer said:

Another had some nice handmade guitars for about £2k. But the only way to demo them would be through a Yamaha THR5. I have a THR amp at home, and it is a great little amp, but would anyone spend 2 grand after demoing through a fun little practice amp? 

catch 22 I think ref the amp - The noise level at all shows has become a talking point for years, so much so that I've personally lost a sale or two, in the past - this weekend was far better than in the past

I've recently started using a THR amp at the shows, partly as they are compact to get in the car - A decent size combo takes up more space and might well mean me taking 2/3 less guitars - Partly for the volume/noise level and partly as you can go to head phone mode as required